Custom Fish Tank & Stand Quotes Comparison

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D34DLY

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is mainly for my reference. However I thought it'd be cool for others to be able to read through it also. Possibly those in the process of deciding whether or not a custom tank is for them or not. Nevertheless, below you will find a list of companies and their prices. Some stating the prices with a cabinet, others without! (If so, I will state.) Feel free to submit your thoughts, perhaps some previous experiences you have had with the company? Thanks!

Please note I had asked for the cabinet to have one door, as the the other is inaccessible. So take this as note when your looking at the cabinet prices.

Please note also that unless stated, the tank is for the desired height!!

(TANK) L:750mm x W:650mm x H:700mm (STAND) Same dimensions however 600mm high

Wharf Aquatics:
10mm Tank - £240.00
Sliding Glass Covers And Tracking - £16.00
Stand - £395.00
Hood - £195.00

Windsor Aquatics:
(700mm high) Tank & Stand & Hood & Delivery - £470.00
(610mm high) Tank & Stand & Hood & Delivery - £380.00

Barlows Aquatics:
Tank & Cabinet & Hood - £495.00

Aquatechniques:
Tank - £700-£800

DC Aquariums:
Tank - £291.44

ND Aquatics:
Tank (12mm thick, Double Base, Polished Edges, Cover Glass, - £298
Cabinet - £207
Delivery - FREE

The Marine Center UK:
Aquarium (12mm thick) & Cabinet (With two doors, otherwise it ""alters the appearance"") & Hood - £720
Aquarium (10mm thick) & Cabinet (With two doors, otherwise it ""alters the appearance"") & Hood - £660
OVERNIGHT Delivery (ON PALLET) - £75.00

LOCAL SHOP (CANT REMEMBER THE NAME):
Yet to be confirmed due to a misunderstanding.

I have only made my situation more awkward by losing track of who I have contacted, and what I have asked for (due to a change in ideas.) So the ones above have only be confirmed.

Thanks!

If it helps, ND Aquatics drove hundreds of miles and built my tank and stand on site, 8x2x2, the tank is great, comes complete with coverplates and the plastic tracking (Although the tracking could have been installed better and in line)

The stand is substantial.Also cones with the Polystyrene for under the tank, which they silicone in place

The only complaint I would have, is the lid sits too low on the tank, it will have to be removed and have the crock blocks redrilled about an inch lower.

That said, great service and FAST, start to finish 2 hours!

If it helps, ND Aquatics drove hundreds of miles and built my tank and stand on site, 8x2x2, the tank is great, comes complete with coverplates and the plastic tracking (Although the tracking could have been installed better and in line)

The stand is substantial.Also cones with the Polystyrene for under the tank, which they silicone in place

The only complaint I would have, is the lid sits too low on the tank, it will have to be removed and have the crock blocks redrilled about an inch lower.

That said, great service and FAST, start to finish 2 hours!

I think I'll be going with Windsor Aquatics due to their great price. Nevertheless, the aquarium it self is supplied by ND Aquatics, so I'll keep you all updated on how that plays out!

I'll be making my purchase after christmas (Just a few weeks!)

Most reactions

trending

Back