Cuc Size

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dayzofspeed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i was wondering, and i'm sure this has been asked on numerous threads, what size cuc should i have in a 240l tank and how should it be made up. at the moment i have 4 turbos, maybe 5 or 6 hermits, numerous stomatellas and several small nass & asterina stars and i think a couple of small brittle stars. all came as hitchikers apart from the turbos and hermits

It depends how well the jobs being done now. If you are having issues with ammonia or physically see left overs or algae then you may req more. (on a side note, if your trying to rid algae you should look at the cause of it rather than getting it eaten. No CUC will fully rid all the algae in your tank.

It depends how well the jobs being done now. If you are having issues with ammonia or physically see left overs or algae then you may req more. (on a side note, if your trying to rid algae you should look at the cause of it rather than getting it eaten. No CUC will fully rid all the algae in your tank.
i dont have an algae problem in fact i am more concerned that maybe isnt enough algae for my existing CUC, i was aiming the question more at the actual make up of a CUC for example i have no shrimp or conch as yet.

IMO shrimp dont contribute much to the cuc and conch really are for a more established system - appears to me that you have a good cuc :good:

IMO shrimp dont contribute much to the cuc and conch really are for a more established system - appears to me that you have a good cuc :good:
i thought so too, but i was thinking the other day there isnt much if anything in there turning the sand

Well after a couple of months (and there is some nice goodies in the sand) you could add some ceriths, nass or doves :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back