Crypts and Vals

fishme2death

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I purchased what I thought was crypts and some different types of Corkscrew Vals at a LFS two weeks ago. I have found after buying from several stores the plants never seem to be what they are labeled in the store which rather ticks me off. I no longer patronize one LFS as it has even happened with a few fish that were ordered then had to pay for even though I didnt want them as they werent what I originally ordered.

Does anyone have a site that protrays these plants in pic form and with general information on their upkeep so that I may know how to handle their care?? If need be, I can switch their environment to another tank.

I do know the "crypts" havent grown and the Val is desinagrating before my eyes. I have usually seen some change with any plant that has been added to the tank within a few days. I might have to have resolve in the fact they are just another plant that I cannot grow due to some condition of the tank or light strength. I am running about 160 watts for a 55 gal tank.......this relates to a 49x13x21 at a temperature of 82 degrees(28c). Two Co2 units are being used on this tank.

;) Check the pinned topic at the top of this forum...

....looks to be chock full of info :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back