Creating A Aquascape. Need Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ArsenalFan11

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
    Creating an aquascape and i need help on how to design it, what plants to get and the basic layout of the tank for the wood and plants.

I currently have:

3 Clown Loaches
1 Guppy
5 Neon Tetra
1 Bristlenose Catfish

Also what other fish could i get? Its a 60lt tank.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 174
Before you think about more fish, you need to rehome the clown loach. They get about a foot long and need a much bigger tank.

Is your water hard or soft? That'll help determine which fish species would be best for your tank.

As for aquascaping... try 'clumping' things together, rather than spreading them out.

Put your focal points about a third of the way along the tank.

Maybe one of your pieces of wood could stand on end to give you more height.

More plants would help; try and chose ones that have different leaf shapes or colours and, again, plant them in little groups and clumps (as that's how they'd grow in the wild and will give you a more natural look). Some vallis would make a nice background and give you additional height.

You could attach some Java fern, bolbitus or anubias to your wood.

thank you for your detailed response, the clown loaches are tiny, they are probably 4 inches long and apparently will not grow any bigger. I had an option of two types a smaller type and a larger type and because my tank is only 60ltr i went for the smaller ones. Also how can i determine if my water is hard or soft?

Thanks

fluttermoth said:
Before you think about more fish, you need to rehome the clown loach. They get a about a foot long and need a much bigger tank.

Is your water hard or soft? That'll help determine which fish species would be best for your tank.

As for aquascaping... try 'clumping' things together, rather than spreading them out.

Put your focal points about a third of the way along the tank.

Maybe one of your pieces of wood could stand on end to give you more height.

More plants would help; try and chose ones that have different leaf shapes or colours and, again, plant them in little groups and clumps (as that's how they'd grow in the wild and will give you a more natural look). Some vallis would make a nice background and give you additional height.

You could attach some Java fern, bolbitus or anubias to your wood.

I'm afraid there are no small species of clown loach; there are just ones that haven't grown yet!

If you get a lot of limescale in your kettle or on your showerhead, your water will be hard. If you get none, or only a little, then your water will be soft.

You can also look on your supplier's website for more details
smile.png

Okay, thanks, my water is soft then as i get practically no limescale. Thanks

fluttermoth said:
I'm afraid there are no small species of clown loach; there are just ones that haven't grown yet!

If you get a lot of limescale in your kettle or on your showerhead, your water will be hard. If you get none, or only a little, then your water will be soft.

smile.png

ArsenalFan11 said:

Okay, thanks, my water is soft then as i get practically no limescale. Thanks

smile.png

Any more info you can give me? how many plants do you suggest?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back