Crazyforcordoras 1St Reef Tank!

Which shrimp goby for my Tiger Pistol Shrimp?

• Orange Srtiped Prawn Goby

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yellow Watchman Goby

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Orange Spotted Goby

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Steinitz Goby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
New stuff! Got a rock of orange zoas, a good size rock of Acanthatrea Digitata, a pistol shrimp, and an ukown coral. Will take pics afterthe water clears up.

You got a coral that you didn't know what it was?

*sigh* :lol:

L

Wait, why is the water cloudy? And I'd never buy a coral you don't know what it is and don't trust the LFS to know that its safe or not. Snap us a photo. Lljma and Donya are good at finding what they are.

-Tyler

I sspect its a montipora. Its neon green, about 4-5 inches long, and was only 21$.

The waters cloudy because i had to dig up some shells, and my pistol shrimp as digging. Ill snap a pic soon.

Montipora is cool stuff. It will do better under a halide, but should still do ok with T5s =) if placed higher in the tank.

-Tyler

Its very closento the top. Heres sme pichers.

The suspected monti
ee65d4b1.jpg

Zoas
90bfbfbe.jpg

Pistol shrimp
1e2be3a7.jpg

Acanthastrea Digitata
ab6520f7.jpg

Oops, just realized here is no such thing as A. Digitata. Its Montipora Digitata. That means it was labeled wrong. I know its some type of Acan, i think its a typical Lordhowensis.

The pistol shrimp has dug under most of the rock, hes got a huge tunnel. Cant wait until i get my shrimp goby! What type should i get? The pistol shrimp is a tiger pistol.

What ever it is, IMO, it doesn't look like it's in the best of shape.

What size is this tank again, 10g? With a tiger pistol, IMO, you're stuck with one of the larger gobies. A tiger is just too much shrimp for a yasha or a dracula or a high fin. A big YWG is ideal. Find something in the 4" range, but that doesn't exceed 4", as your tank is too small for one of the 6" prawn gobies.

L

Would an OrangeStripe Prawn Goby work? LiveAquaria says they get 4 1/2 inches. Not saying i would get one, but would a Flaming Prawn Goby pair with a different pistol shrimp?

A flame prawn needs a smaller pistol shrimp. The orange stripe would work well, I think.

Okay, the mystery coral has been identified. Its Hydnophora Exesa. The encrusting horn coral.

Horn coral is doing better, starting to puff up its flesh. Just after i get my pitol shrimp, guess what shows p at Liveaquaria?! An Orange Stripe
Prawn Goby with a pistol shrimp.

Another update today!

I think im not going to pair my pistol with a goby. The shrimps burrow is in the back f the tank, and they would stay hidden. The Acans have been moved to on the rocks. They look much better there. The Feather Duster shed its feeding crown, i hope it will be alright.

That is not true. They burrow all over. One day their hole will be in the front, one day on the side, some days on the back. Mostly in the front for me cuz the fish likes seeing when I am bringing food. It truly is an awesome thing to watch. Literally they change the hole under the rocks 2-3 times a day front back side to side.

-Tyler

Agreed, my goby/shrimp pair have numerous places. Right now, he's at the back, but tomorrow, he could be at the side or the front.

I don't think I can have a tank that doesn't feature some sort of burrower. Very interesting to observe.

L

Most reactions

Back