Crabs

Munch

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought 4 crabs on friday i have had them in a tank with about 2 inchs of water, a small 50W heater and a AquaClear 1 (turned of its side) tonight i saw one of the crabs at the front of the tank being pushed against the glass by the water coming from the filter, I was going to flush him down the toilet until i thought i saw him move so i put him back into the tank above all the other crabs in a bowl with a bit of water i have seen him move again but i dont know if i nocked the bowl or not :crazy: is there any chance he may still be alive? also what would be a good diet for them? all the bloke at the lfs told me was that they will eat anything... ive got a feelin they aint gunna like fish food :sly:.

Thanx for any help :)
Chris

not too sure about your crabby problem living or not but i feed mine-

prawns, cucumer, crab cuisine, froozen live food, live food and they also have a go at the liqui-fry i put in for the platty fry!!

they do gerneral eat any thing i also put jmc high protein pellets in and break up algae waffers to put in for them.

Just a thought here.... maybe that crab was in the process of sheding/molting. Would explain his lethargy. :)

Narayan said:
Just a thought here.... maybe that crab was in the process of sheding/molting. Would explain his lethargy. :)
I was thinking the same thing.
Lastnight my heater wouldnt turn off and there was a crab in the water and i think it got a bit too warm... im not sure if its dead or just hibernating (i dont know much about crabs) but ive taken the heater out now and put the crab tank in the warmest part of the house :)

Regards
Chris

Does anyone know how long it takes for crabs legs to grow back please? because one of my crabs has 2 legs missing it was like that when i bought it on saturady.

Cheers
Chris

as there young they will grow back a bit with each molt quite quickly, nothing to worry about, 1 of my lobsters only had 1 leg on 1 side.

Yeah, I had some red crabs and they seem to recover quickly.

paul_v_biker..."1 of my lobsters only had 1 leg on 1 side. " How long did it take to recover?
I have one lobster without any limbs and after two weeks has shown no sign of recovery.....yet!?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back