Could Someone Help Me?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've been looking on the internet about Rams, but i keep on getting conflicting advice!

minimum tank size?
Tank mates?
in groups? singularly or in pairs?
peaceful?

I can't think of much else right now, just the general!

ps i really hope this is the right section...

edit: after a quick think i think ive really put this in the wrong section!! sorry =[

Are you referring to German Blue Rams or Bolvinian Rams? Both are a good community cichlids and do best in pairs, but can be kept in small groups. If kept in groups it is a good idea to have more females then males. I would say a minimum tank size for a pair of either would be around 15 gallons. Blue rams can be kept in a 10 gallon just as a single pair.

thanks =]

I think I mean Bolivian rams, well i think, well they are might colourful and quite bright [sorry for the technical language there lol]

I think i would go for a pair if anything

I saw them and fell in love =]

Have you SEEN German Blue rams?

ram.jpg

Now you have. That, I believe is a male German Blue Ram. Very Pretty fish. All rams need soft water, and pristine water conditions, or they WILL NOT survive. They are also New World Cichlids. Not African.

Tank mates include neon tetras, glowlight tetras, cories, angelfish. But if you are going with tank makes, get a bigger tank than a 15g, even a 20g would be better to accommodate more fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back