Corys and Tall Tanks...

Arashi

I am the Loach Queen...fear me, mortal!
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a tall hex tank, at least 35 gallons, but probably more depending on what I can find for a decent price. I know that I want to put some bottom feeders in it, and seeing as how corys are one of my favorites, my first thought was of them. :nod:

But now that I think about it, I'm not too sure... :/ The corys I have in my 25 gallon come up to the surface for air quite a bit, and I'm wondering if in a taller tank they would have difficulty doing this. I don't want to put any unneeded stress on the little guys...

Could anyone let me know if the corys would be ok in this type of tank? Or should I look into getting some different types of bottom feeders...

Hi Arashi :)

These are the dimensions of the Hexagon tanks made by All-Glass

10 Gallon Hexagon 14x12x18
20 Gallon Hexagon 18x16x20
35 Gallon Hexagon 23x20x24
60 Gallon Hexagon 27x24x28

As you can see, the height of the 35 gallon is the same as that of a standard 20 gallon tank.

If you have regular sized corys, you do not have to worry about them being able to reach the top. I use 20 gallon tanks for cory grow out tanks and find that even quite young ones have no trouble getting up there at all. :D

Wonderful! Thank you so much Inchworm! This makes me so happy. :D

That 60 gallon hex is looking mighty tempting too...I think All-Glass is gonna get another customer... :p

My 46g is 20" tall too. My peppered cories never really go to the top and the albino rarely does. The skunk is all over the tank and the 3-lined cories spend pretty much all day racing each other and playing tag up and down the left end of the tank. It is so cute :wub:

catfish food - Don't worry...I will be taking LOTS of pics when I get it. We are going to a few pet stores tomarrow to do some comparative pricing on tanks. Hopefully I will have a new addition soon. :thumbs:

parker313 - That sounds so cute! :wub: Since I've added my three new corys, the five of them hang out together all the time. I have one baby C. leucomelas, and all the corys seem to protect him. They all make sure he is not more then a few inches from their sides at any given moment. :wub: They also LOVE my Clown Loaches and they will even do the "loachy dance" with the Clowns...it's sooo funny! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back