What's new
Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

devillikeme

Reaction score
I adore cories, but I worry about how many can fit in a tank. I know that the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule is usually for beginners, and that overstocking can sometimes work just fine (example: 75 neon tetras in 75 gallons). How many cories is optimal, and what would be the best tank size?

Cories need to be in a group of at least 6. The dwarf species (pygmy, habrosus and hastatus) need at least 10. They can be kept in a mixed group but there must be at least 4 of each species within the group.

As for tank size, a shoal of the dwarf cories can be kept in a tank with a footprint of 60 x 30 cm (24 x 12 inches) while the larger species need 80 x 30 cm (32 x 12 inches). Cories also need a sand substrate, and they need to be fed on sinking, meat/fish based pellets (a lot of people think they are algae eaters, which they aren't; and can live on left over food, which they can't)

What would be the best size/gallon tank for 5 peppered, 5 juili, 5 green, and 5 albino cories?

Speaking of Cories, be sure to vote in our Catfish of the month contest. Just click on banner at top of forums, review the ten entries and then enter your choice in the poll.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back