Cory with bulging belly?

parker313

Back Again
Reaction score
Hello!

My albino cory has a bulgy belly. It's not bloated looking, but more like there's something in there. I fed them earlier, but the same amount as always. Is it possible that she's "cooking up some eggs" and will lay them at some point? What if there's not a male to fertilize them? Will she still lay them? My peppereds and 3-lined are still pretty small... My skunk cory is bigger, but I've never heard of cories breeding between species.

Any insight would be much appreciated. FWIW, the bulgy area is greyish - not discolored skin, but like whatever's underneath is greyish.

Thank you!
--Kristin

:p That sounds very possible that she could be pregnent. Plue your description does not sound like an illness. Well It would help to go to www.google.com and try to find some info on Prengnent corys if you can't get the info here. I wish teh best of luck to you and I hope all is well! ~Scarlett

Thanks Scarlett :)

I know that cories are egg layers so I guess it's possible she's just developing some eggs :dunno:

If she does lay eggs I guess they could maybe get fertilized by the skunk cory. I would try and raise them and then keep the fry myself - don't want any cross bred species getting to the lfs!!!

Oh Your Very Welcome ;) And Just incase you did not know but other fish might eat those eggs before they hatch or get fertailzed so you need to look out for them. And Now I have one questiion....whats the 'lfs'?

local fish shop :lol:
your not the only 1 that didnt get it. (ME!!!)

Hi parker313 :)

If your cory is a female, she might breed with a bronze cory, but not with any of the other corys you have. :no:

If you think you might want to breed corys at some time in the future, I suggest you buy a few more albinos so that you will be sure to have at least one male and one female. They are easy to breed compared to many of the egglayers, and if you have a spare 10 or 20 gallon tank, you can do it once they are mature. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back