Cory Fry With No Food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Can't argue with that! Always wanted to have an alligator when I was younger. Of course I know that it is inhumane to keep that type of animal but if I had the chance to go to collage for some sort of biology and learn about its requirements, to the point that I could keep one that wouldn't be able to survive on its own, I totally would. Me planning an entire fantasy about owning a disabled gator aside, be careful and have fun!
Do you know this youtube channel, Snake Discovery? They have a pet gator in their spare room :D They don't recommend them as pets, this one is a rescue, she'd been kept in a tiny wooden box for 27 years, stunting her growth, so she's stunted and needs special care. They have loads of videos showing how much care she needs, you can live vicariously through them!

Rexy will be moving to the visitor attraction they are building eventually, a spare room set up isn't ideal, but she seems to have a pretty good life! Much better than the 27 years she spent in the box, for sure. Covid has slowed down their build, but it's still ongoing!

Id opt for a little extra baby brine shrimp and leave some leaves and moss for infusoria.

That's the best chance I think.

Do you know this youtube channel, Snake Discovery? They have a pet gator in their spare room :D They don't recommend them as pets, this one is a rescue, she'd been kept in a tiny wooden box for 27 years, stunting her growth, so she's stunted and needs special care. They have loads of videos showing how much care she needs, you can live vicariously through them!

Rexy will be moving to the visitor attraction they are building eventually, a spare room set up isn't ideal, but she seems to have a pretty good life! Much better than the 27 years she spent in the box, for sure. Covid has slowed down their build, but it's still ongoing!
Lol, she was the one who sparked my interest in keeping a rescue alligator ? It is a neat channel though, not sure why I stopped watching her.

Id opt for a little extra baby brine shrimp and leave some leaves and moss for infusoria.

That's the best chance I think.
Just reading this. I am out of bbs so I couldn’t do that. Well, I actually got a new order in last night but none in hatchery yet since I was leaving. I fed them heavier today with First Bites and left a half of a veggie wafer in there. They do have a few leaves in there too. I may see if my son can feed them at least once tomorrow. I have about 55 of them this time.

Well, we were shutting down the fire for the night and had the dogs on their leashes. My miniature Schnauzer, who’s my baby, pulled out of her collar to chase a deer. Ran right to the lake! Pitch dark. Called and called her. Hubbie and I both walking the shore line in the dark. Panic will make you do stupid things. He finally took off in truck to look for her and I waited at the campsite. After 15 minutes, she comes back. I just new she was gator bait and now that it’s over, we could have been too! By the way, our Houston Zoo has a beautiful albino gator. They can’t live in the wild so it has been there about 12 years now, at least. Beautiful creature!

Oh wow! that sounds like quite the day! I'm sorry about the fear your dog caused you, glad your all safe! I've seen some pictures of albino gators before but never seen one in real life, that's so cool! Hope you have a great rest of your time!

Even still, that’s not enough room for them.

That’s why I feel sad for these sharks and groupers and such you see at the Georgia Aquarium. It’s super cool to see them that close, but that’s not even near enough room for them. :(

Well, we were shutting down the fire for the night and had the dogs on their leashes. My miniature Schnauzer, who’s my baby, pulled out of her collar to chase a deer. Ran right to the lake! Pitch dark. Called and called her. Hubbie and I both walking the shore line in the dark. Panic will make you do stupid things. He finally took off in truck to look for her and I waited at the campsite. After 15 minutes, she comes back. I just new she was gator bait and now that it’s over, we could have been too! By the way, our Houston Zoo has a beautiful albino gator. They can’t live in the wild so it has been there about 12 years now, at least. Beautiful creature!
Scary stuff, I panic every time one of our dogs gets loose...can't imagine in the dark, out in the woods, in gator country!
Glad she's safe, hope you guys are having a good time, cold front that came through made it pretty chilly this morning, but supposed to be a gorgeous, sunny weekend...

Scary stuff, I panic every time one of our dogs gets loose...can't imagine in the dark, out in the woods, in gator country!
Glad she's safe, hope you guys are having a good time, cold front that came through made it pretty chilly this morning, but supposed to be a gorgeous, sunny weekend...

Yes! Sunny and 70F today. Perfect!

The escaped convict!

Attachments

• B3F09524-2699-4699-918B-67906E28BE03.jpeg
    B3F09524-2699-4699-918B-67906E28BE03.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 53
Even still, that’s not enough room for them.

That’s why I feel sad for these sharks and groupers and such you see at the Georgia Aquarium. It’s super cool to see them that close, but that’s not even near enough room for them. :(
She seems to be living a pretty good life with Ed and Emily, and is also used in Emily's educational programme for kids, in person as well as on the youtube channel, hopefully helping prevent future generations from thoughtlessly buying a cute baby alligator.

As it is, she appears to be a great deal healthier than she was, you don't know the size of enclosure they're building for her, and there are very limited options for where she can go. She can't return to the wild, can't live with other gators, which rules out other gator rescues, she didn't even get along with another stunted gator they tried introducing to her. So not sure what else you expect them to do for her.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back