Cory Fry With No Food

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Going camping for weekend. I’ll be able to feed my 2 week old Cory fry twice today before leaving and will be back about Noon on Sunday. Can they make it all day tomorrow (Saturday) without being fed? Should I drop a veggie wafer in there to soften and give them something to nibble on or will it foul the water too much?

OP
FishGuest5123

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Cool! You did see these are 2 week old fry, right?

AdoraBelle Dearheart

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd be nervous! Got any live food that might stay alive and not foul the water? I don't know how long microworms live once underwater. But personally I'd feed extra live food before leaving and hope they'd be okay! Add a load of leaves and moss so there are micro organisms for them to munch on while you're away.

@CassCats is the one to ask of course :)

OP
FishGuest5123

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd be nervous! Got any live food that might stay alive and not foul the water? I don't know how long microworms live once underwater. But personally I'd feed extra live food before leaving and hope they'd be okay! Add a load of leaves and moss so there are micro organisms for them to munch on while you're away.

@CassCats is the one to ask of course :)
I have leaves in there. :)

Neleono

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ah come on! A pet gator would be savage. 😎
Can't argue with that! Always wanted to have an alligator when I was younger. Of course I know that it is inhumane to keep that type of animal but if I had the chance to go to collage for some sort of biology and learn about its requirements, to the point that I could keep one that wouldn't be able to survive on its own, I totally would. Me planning an entire fantasy about owning a disabled gator aside, be careful and have fun!