Cory eggs!

tuffers

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Andover, Well.... Hampshire, south England, UK
My cory's have spawned again! On saturday, the female had laid lots of eggs on the plants and glass, but there arent many left due to my egg hungry fish! She laid a group of 5 or 6 on a plant and i have taken the leaf off of the plant and put it in my breeding tank. I have added some methyl blue to help prevent fungus, but at present i havent got anything to circulate the water around the eggs. They seem pretty good at the moment but i hope the methyl blue is enough! We'll have to see

Ian

Hi tuffers :)

You must be so disappointed! :sad: I know I am!

Next time, why not set up your breeding tank and move your corys in. Just let them live there while you feed them well. Then, when they spawn the next time, all you have to do is remove the fish and gravel, and you will be good to go.

I do hope that at least a few of this batch make it through for you. :nod:

i found some more eggs that didnt get eaten! so i have about 13 or 14 in a floating breeding tank. I hope that some willsurvive, and i heard it takes 3-5 days to hatch, so tonight will be the 3rd day, so who knows, i may have some corry's soon!

Inchworm said:
Next time, why not set up your breeding tank and move your corys in. Just let them live there while you feed them well. Then, when they spawn the next time, all you have to do is remove the fish and gravel, and you will be good to go.
Not meaning to hijack the thread :*) but how big a breeding tank would you recommend?

Hi tuffers

That's great news! :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Inchworm said:
Hi tuffers :)

You must be so disappointed! :sad: I know I am!

I do hope that at least a few of this batch make it through for you. :nod:
Do you have to remove the substrates for the fries? And if so, why? :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back