CORY CHOICE ?

MarkF

Reaction score
I have read so many reports on how many fish to a tank that i am not sure if it wise to add anymore? I would really like a cory or two but also wondered if was wise to let the tank mature a few more months. What would be the best corys as i like the more dramatic ones like Pandas, Leopard etc ?. I am planning on moving all the Baby Mollies to another tank so ignore those on the question of space.
The PH is 7.5 - 8.0 and nitrite/ammonia virtually zero. The tank has gravel and i know some like sand. Lots of questions but my LFS is as usual lacking in the right advice ! Thanks :D

Hmm you might be pushing it a little bit there, especially as you have bettas.

Also your ammonia and nitrite should be at zero.

you ave a male with 2 females? :( :( :-( :-( :sad: :/ :no: :no: :no: im sorry that anit gona work, the male will kill the female, seporate the male and i have a spot for a female 2 go incase they fight. i dont know litters, but if you took out a beta u probley could get a 2 albino cories, i dont know litters so u have 2 get a second opion

hi there. well for one thing, I have heard of males living with female bettas just fine so dont freak out about that right away. keep an eye on them and see how the pecking order is working out. If the male seems to be aggressive, remove him, but if not leave it alone i guess. :thumbs: (the females can kill the male or each other too so watch them too!)
also where did you get a female gourami??? I have only ever seen males! Thats cool. does she have dull colors? Cause thats what I heard they looked like. :huh:
as for the cory thing, u may have too many fish... but i also know that corys keep tanks a lot cleaner than tanks that dont have corys. so maybe you could fit a couple in? :/ not sure... sorry. your supposed to ideally get at least 3 corys for them to be "happy" but i had one for a long time (named spike) and he seemed perfectly happy. i guess it all depends on fish personality and luck and tank ability to support so many fish.
so guess im not too much help with the corys. sorry! but good luck with your tank and fish! (I love bettas especially! :wub: )

Most reactions

Back