Cory Catfish

REALLY?!?! Wow, you must have had like....10 airstones! :lol:

Oh, and is it normal for the cories to come up off of the gravel and swim along the side of the tank or just in the middle of the water a lot? They are supposed to be on the gravel most of the time, right?

:lol: They "Come UP" for air everyonce in a while. Last night one rocketed up to the surface so fast he actually made a "THUD" on the lid. My wife looked at me and said, "What was that?" I told her and we both started laughing.
Signed,
Sondan

FlareBettaGuy said:
.....C:\My Documents\GRAVEL.jpg
Hi FlareBettaGuy :)

Sorry, but I cannot see the picture.

You are right about not changing the gravel now. In fact, you don't want to change anything now, especially the filter and gravel. Only change the water, a little at a time until the cycling is completed.

But, don't add any more fish, either. :no: Just be patient. It WILL get cycled.

Corys do frequently swim, playfully, all over the tank. They go up and down, and crosswise over the glass. They don't usually play like this when there is only one, but when there are several they are great fun to watch! :lol:

Great. Alright, then. One BIG problem, though. I might be going back to America around new years. So, I have to somehow bring all the fish to my friend's house for a few weeks until I return, then bring the fish back to my house. My idea is to slowly drain all of the water out, leaving only around an inch, take the fish out ad put them into a small covered container, and the betta in a cup. Put both their tanks into a bag, bring all of it to my friends house, get some dechlorinated water in the tank when I get there, and put the fish back in. Then, when I return, I have to do that again. I'm getting the feeling that i'm problebly going to lose a lot of bacteria. I'm going to keep the gravel moist, and the filter sponge too. Will this completely ruin the cycle? It's around 30 minutes to my friends house, but I suspect for it to take longer than that...:look:

yeah thet will do that but found they will only do this when freaked. Like when u add them to a tank, they must get confused where they are!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back