Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What about the people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons? Or choose not to because they are immunocompromised and don't know if their body will respond appropriately. Or who are pregnant and are receiving conflicting information about vaccine safety and the unborn baby.

I understand the whole society can't quarantine, but if people have symptoms, or are close contacts of a positive case, they should isolate.
And how hard is it to wear a mask? It's a lot easier than having a breathing tube.
Naughts i have MCTD with over 10 autoimmune diseases and they must have trialed it on people who have Lupus etc and i read an artical where professors stated it doesn't help them and it won't because of our B&T cell rates are high.

I've had my 2 injections only because my hubby wanted me to as i was frightened to have them putting a foreign body in my system which could have made me worse, to this day my hubby gets me what i need, fully covered with a mask and gloves and if family come it's out doors with a distance and it's made me paranoid.

NannaLou

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Naughts i have MCTD with over 10 autoimmune diseases and they must have trialed it on people who have Lupus etc and i read an artical where professors stated it doesn't help them and it won't because of our B&T cell rates are high.
I’m sorry, I don’t know what all these abbreviations mean. But I do understand your paranoia, I’m the wrong side of 50, overweight and have diabetes; I’m a little more relaxed now I’ve had both my jabs, but first time round I became almost reclusive with worry.

Do what you need to to keep yourself physically and mentally well…

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I do understand your paranoia
I'm on chemo medication to treat my illnesses as there's no cure and it depresses the immune system even lower than it is now and the slightest cold someone could carry i can catch and having organ issues and how it can affect a person it's just made me paranoid sorry.

Sorry to hear you've got diabetes.

NannaLou

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I could fix that - and it’s people like you that highlight the fact that my illness can be “cured” (it’s type 2). All I need to do is move more and eat less 😳😢

EDIT: My knowledge that diet and exercise will cure/reverse type 2 diabetes as a opposed to the OPs illness that can’t be.

Last edited:

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I could fix that - and it’s people like you that highlight the fact that my illness can be “cured” (it’s type 2). All I need to do is move more and eat less 😳😢
I know your diabetes can't be cured and i'm not stating that fact, as my mom had it bad and i've seen her go through some terrible stages with it, it's a nightmare to control your at risk like me regarding the covid and that's why i stated sorry to hear you have diabetes....no harm meant :sad:

NannaLou

Fish Addict
Reaction score
No offence taken, type 2 can be “cured/reversed” through diet and exercise which is why when faced with someone with something “proper” I feel I should get off my &#£% and do something positive before I get any older/worse…

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
No offence taken, type 2 can be “cured/reversed” through diet and exercise which is why when faced with someone with something “proper” I feel I should get off my &#£% and do something positive before I get any older/worse…
No we all have issues one way or another and sorry for making you feel that way. 🤗
My mom was on a fixed diet and carried weight and she still couldn't get it under control and nobody knows how someone is regarding health unless they're living with them.

Naughts

Fish Herder
Reaction score

I've had my 2 injections only because my hubby wanted me to as i was frightened to have them putting a foreign body in my system which could have made me worse, to this day my hubby gets me what i need, fully covered with a mask and gloves and if family come it's out doors with a distance and it's made me paranoid.
I'm so sorry you're going through this Tez.
I know a family where the mum is in a similar position. She had the vaccines and luckily didn't react badly but she still won't go out and, like you, only has visitors in the garden.
Is there an online group where MCTD sufferers can share their experiences and feel less alone?
I hope that science finds more answers soon to alleviate all the worry.
🤗

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you're going through this Tez.
I know a family where the mum is in a similar position. She had the vaccines and luckily didn't react badly but she still won't go out and, like you, only has visitors in the garden.
Is there an online group where MCTD sufferers can share their experiences and feel less alone?
I hope that science finds more answers soon to alleviate all the worry.
🤗
Oh bless you Naughts 🤗 i'm 52 and had quite a few of these from a child genetically and more have progressed down the years but i'm used to it and there's more people out there worse off in life than myself, who don't know what one day from another is, so i think myself lucky in that respect.

I joined a group many years ago, then they asked me to mod it and the lot got to much so i packed it in but i do love the fish forum, i know you don't see me often but i get on when i can.

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This data may have been posted already however I just came across it and was surprised so many people who had two jabs were still going into the ICU, is 43 people out of 140 going into the ICU who had two jabs a good thing or neutral think compared to the usual rate of ICU use with no jabs? This is in Sydney.

Naughts

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This data may have been posted already however I just came across it and was surprised so many people who had two jabs were still going into the ICU, is 43 people out of 140 going into the ICU who had two jabs a good thing or neutral think compared to the usual rate of ICU use with no jabs? This is in Sydney.

What surprises me is your lack of media literacy and your failure to identify false and fake news before reposting it.

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
What surprises me is your lack of media literacy and your failure to identify false and fake news before reposting it.

LOL well I found it strange as the stats seemed awfully high, however there are more variants of the virus, however I have just learned it was indeed false.

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
People are dying in Sydney (Australia) but they are not vaccinated. Apparently a number of people are being taken to hospital by family members but the people are dead on arrival. The doctors and government are telling people to come in earlier if they have any symptoms.

A lot of people in new South Wales (Sydney is the capital of NSW) have only had one jab and many have only just got their second jab recently. You aren't safe until several weeks after the second jab because the body needs time to mount an offence to the second jab. So some people are ending up in hospital after the second jab but it is shortly after they have had it (within a few days).

Having said all this, there have been people that have had both jabs a while back and they are catching covid19, but they are not ending up in the emergency ward.

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
If staff don't want to be vaccinated, they can stay home and not get paid. Stuff them, I am sick of people not wanting to be vaccinated because they are afraid of microchips growing in their head or some other stupid idea. If they aren't vaccinated, they endanger other people in public and at the workplace and should not be allowed to come in contact with other people.

Most reactions