Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

We don't have many doses of Pfizer vaccination in Australia and most have been sent to Sydney in New South Wales to try and help slow the spread of the delta strain going nuts over there.

LOL well I found it strange as the stats seemed awfully high, however there are more variants of the virus, however I have just learned it was indeed false.

It was a slip of the tongue. Man did say that but was meant to say: All but 1 was unvaxed.
But it's enough to get conspiracy going

According to the government, 40% (cough bullsit cough) of the population has been vaccinated. However, according to the press and health officials, about 18% of people over 16 or 18? years of age have been vaccinated. But they are not saying if its 18% of people that have had both jabs or only one jab. It's most likely 1 jab because most of those vaccinated have only been done in the last month while the delta strain has been active in the eastern states. And since there is a 12 week wait between jabs for AZ and 6 weeks for Pfizer, it cannot be both jabs in 1 month. So I am going with about 18% of the population aged over 16 has had at least 1 jab.

There is confirmation that at least 10% of the people aged over 16 have had both jabs.

According to the federal government, all old people in retirement homes and nursing homes have been fully vaccinated. However, people working in these places are saying not everyone has been vaccinated yet and most staff still haven't been vaccinated.

As for me, I still can't get a vaccine here and I have less than 3 weeks to find a place to live before I become homeless during winter and during a pandemic.

The scum sucking premier of this state and all the politicians have been vaccinated. But most people in my town have not been vaccinated, and over 30% of the people here are aged over 50. I couldn't even get a vaccination when I was taken into hospital a week ago for suicide watch because they didn't have any at the hospital.

The delta strain is going nuts over east and the stupid governments won't lock down their states for 2 weeks to stop it. We can't get vaccinated in WA, and the whole thing is a bloody shambles. The vaccine rollout in this country is pathetic, stuffed and not happening.
Yup, they are full of sh..

They are twisting the facts to make themselves look less incompetent.
They are saying: 40% of population are vaccinated with Astra Zenaca to make it look like high number. But Astra Zaneca is only for over 60's (recently for over 50s)

And % of their roll out phases. But yeah. Not many people under 50 have been vaccinated as they completely botched the vaccination by betting all horses on Astra. Now we're back of the line for other vaccines and not many people want to get jabbed with Astra.
Mostly because of all the bull...t and now nobody believes them when they change advice.

Back in lockdown here, been a while.

I still don't understand the drive behind vacine passports if you can still pass it on whilst vaccinated. Where is the value?

Mostly because of all the bull...t and now nobody believes them when they change advice

Well UK pm borris Johnson said that he wanted to tackle the obesity problems in the UK and now the government has just backed a proposal to reduce the cost of fast food delivery services to those who are double jabbed. šŸ¤”

I still don't understand the drive behind vaccine passports if you can still pass it on whilst vaccinated. Where is the value?
There is a significantly lower risk of transmitting the virus if you are fully vaccinated. You are also less likely to catch it if you are fully vaccinated.

The vaccine passport is more to give other countries and businesses a chance to see if you are vaccinated, and they can let you in because you are a lower risk to the mainstream population.

Having said all that, unless everyone in the world gets vaccinated at the same time, we will never get rid of the virus. And the chance of 7.5 billion people being vaccinated within a few months is quite unlikely to happen.

Mostly because of all the bull...t and now nobody believes them when they change advice

Well UK pm borris Johnson said that he wanted to tackle the obesity problems in the UK and now the government has just backed a proposal to reduce the cost of fast food delivery services to those who are double jabbed. šŸ¤”

Well I don't feel 'significant' justifies a two tier society.
Perhaps you would if you, or someone you loved was at higher risk of the effects of Covid-19 and was having their freedoms totally removed by someoneā€™s choice not to have the vaccination? Youā€™d think with the number of people that have died worldwide, that everyone would be supporting the process to mitigate against the risk of more deaths..?

Perhaps you would if you, or someone you loved was at higher risk of the effects of Covid-19 and was having their freedoms totally removed by someoneā€™s choice not to have the vaccination? Youā€™d think with the number of people that have died worldwide, that everyone would be supporting the process to mitigate against the risk of more deaths..?

Freedoms removed??? My goodness, what kind of world do you believe is free if one has to be injected with something just to leave the house to do something?

I wont go into details, however I have grown up with physical and neurological issues which have had long-term negative consequences on my life.

So I can assure you, I say this with the greatest of respect to all, that one does not have a fundamental right to get to grow up and live their lives disease-free. Just ask Colin.

Anyone can be born without a limb, a hand, a leg, or even grow up with two people as part of one body such as a conjoined twin scenario which all have their disadvantaged outcomes.

Not much more to say there because that is an absolute fact of life.

If somebody wants to wander around the world knowing full well there is a nasty virus that can kill them, let them, if they do not want to catch it, well, then they should accept the situation and not wonder around the world. Just to reiterate, Not much more to say there because that is an absolute fact of life.

One should not in a democratic society that much of the western world we live in (which affords you the internet access you have), have to be given an injection just to buy groceries.

Goshā€¦. Some illnesses as you say are an unfortunate fact of life, but when there is a ā€œsimpleā€ remedy, then surely that should be used. People are being almost forced to live within their own homes because the risk to their health from catching Covid is too great and those refusing to have the vaccinations are causing this situation.

Many of us have vaccinations for many, of what were, common illnessesā€¦polio, tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough, measles, hepatitis (A and B), mumps even ā€˜flu.

My understanding from the threads is that @Colin_T would have the vaccination if he could access it.

I donā€™t hold with the whole, ā€œtwo tierā€ society, here in the UK the vaccination is free and available to everyone over the age of 18. It would only be a true two tier situation if only those of a certain class/income bracket/race had access.

What gives one person the right to put others at increased risk of severe illness or death by choosing not to have the vaccination that is freely available..?

What gives one person the right to put others at increased risk of severe illness or death by choosing not to have the vaccination that is freely available..?
well some don't get it for religious reasons or medical reasons like a compromised immune system. And there is a chance of side effects...though they're are generally minimum but some have gotten severe reactions to the vaccinations. It's also freedom of choice in a democratic society.

Goshā€¦. Some illnesses as you say are an unfortunate fact of life, but when there is a ā€œsimpleā€ remedy, then surely that should be used.

There is no 100% effective simple remedy, this is your fault in understanding the situation.

People are being almost forced to live within their own homes because the risk to their health from catching Covid is too great and those refusing to have the vaccinations are causing this situation.

How exactly is people not wanting to confront the virus and get ill from it any worse a scenario than people not wanting to be FORCED to have some vaccine which is relatively new and possibly bad for them, injected into their body just so they can get on a flight or attend a pub or bus station? Or indeed the more complicaed matter of the idea of a vaccine passport and the goverment snooping even futher into peoples lives, please read George Orwells 1984.

I donā€™t hold with the whole, ā€œtwo tierā€ society, here in the UK the vaccination is free and available to everyone over the age of 18

You are not understanding the two-tier society idea, the two tiers are you can go into the shop to buy food ONLY if you have been vaccinated, but cannot go into the shop to buy food if you have NOT been vaccinated...

Please re-read my post, one does not have a right to a healthy life.

If you owned a business being shut down thanks to lock down you would likely have a different view too.

There is no 100% effective simple remedy, this is your fault in understanding the situation.
I donā€™t think there is a fault in my understanding. My point of view is just different from yours and implying that I donā€™t understand is rude. Hundreds of thousands of people have had the vaccinations and people are no longer dying in their thousands, but surviving and with much less severe symptoms.

How exactly is people not wanting to confront the virus and get ill from it any worse a scenario than people not wanting to be FORCED to have some vaccine which is relatively new and possibly bad for them, injected into their body just so they can get on a flight or attend a pub or bus station? Or indeed the more complicaed matter of the idea of a vaccine passport and the goverment snooping even futher into peoples lives, please read George Orwells 1984.
Would you knowingly go out and risk coming into contact with a virus that could kill you..? The vaccines have been based on existing ones which is why they have been able to be implemented so quickly. Like the standard ā€˜flu vaccine that has minor adaptions each year to maintains its efficiency.

If someone doesnā€™t want (not canā€™t for medical reasons) to have the vaccine through free choice, why should their choice over-ride mine when theirs could have a potentially fatal effect? If you donā€™t want the vaccine, fine, just stay away from places with lots of other people that want to go about their lives with an element of safety.
You are not understanding the two-tier society idea, the two tiers are you can go into the shop to buy food ONLY if you have been vaccinated, but cannot go into the shop to buy food if you have NOT been vaccinated...
Exactly! And everyone has equal access to the vaccine. In Health and Safety law it is not permitted to to put people at risk.
Please re-read my post, one does not have a right to a healthy life.
But people donā€™t have the right to make others ill. I see youā€™ve totally ignored the other vaccinations that have cured horrible illness around the world - Iā€™m assuming that is because this information negates your argument. I believe that in some educational settings in America children have to have had certain vaccinations to be able to attend school.
If you owned a business being shut down thanks to lock down you would likely have a different view too.
I think business and financial considerations come further down the list than peopleā€™s health and lives.

Many people have had to make financial changes due to the lockdowns, finances can be resolved, my mother will never regain the skills sheā€™s lost through the effects of lockdown on her dementia.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back