Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well Australia is just stupid. The WA government opened the border and is allowing people in from the eastern states and they don't have to quarantine when they get here. However, there are still active cases in the east including a new outbreak in New South Wales (NSW). That new case is from a cleaner at one of the quarantine hotels, and they have been working in several other hotels as well. Making it worse, they use the trains to get around and have potentially contaminated thousands of people on public transport as well as people in various hotels.

The same thing happened in Victoria 6 months ago and caused them to lock down and now New South Wales has done exactly the same thing.

Seriously, if you have a quarantine facility, you only let certain people onto that facility and you don't let them go anywhere until that facility and everyone in it is cleared of the disease. Fuplie stupid government.

The NSW government is easing restrictions there and allowing people to have a 2m square area around them (1 meter on each side). This is less than the world health organisations and the federal government's guidelines, which is a 4m square area per person.

The NSW government is opening up night clubs and pubs and allowing unlimited numbers to weddings and funerals. People are having 100-500+ people at their weddings. If one person has covid19 at the wedding, it's over if 100 or more people get it at one place.

The way the governments in Australia are acting, you would think it was over but it's not.

Tonight at the shops a lady was coughing in one of the isles. I had a bunch of people walk up and stand next to me including a kid that wouldn't go away when I told them to get away from me.

Nobody is social distancing and there is still a virus here causing heaps of people to cough. This coughing virus has been going on for 6 months now and nobody in the government cares. What the hell is going on here?

--------------------
edited to add the South Australia Police minister has over-ridden the Chief Health Officer and said businesses can open up and do normal things, and basically lifted the social distancing laws.

How can a minster (member of parliament) override the Chief Health Officer during a pandemic?

OMG, the people in this country are stupid.

Last edited:
Sadly, we've got a fatal covid-19 within the family as well. An aunt of mine has died in Indonesia of this virus. We couldn't get her transported back to Holland again. So, she got buried overthere. Friends and family are now emptying her apartment overhere. Unfortunately, I'm not able to help on that part because of my current health condition.
1607358007401.png

Sadly, we've got a fatal covid-19 within the family as well. An aunt of mine has died in Indonesia of this virus. We couldn't get her transported back to Holland again. So, she got buried overthere. Friends and family are now emptying her apartment overhere. Unfortunately, I'm not able to help on that part because of my current health condition.
View attachment 124257
Sorry to hear this Emerald king. Thinking of you.

Life is just going on as normal in NZ. The only cases we have are in managed isolation facilities. We are as a nation missing the tourists, but until the rest of the world gets their act together we won't be opening up our boarders.

Life is just going on as normal in NZ. The only cases we have are in managed isolation facilities. We are as a nation missing the tourists, but until the rest of the world gets their act together we won't be opening up our boarders.
In that case you may not see another Brit this century.

Just found out my aunt n uncles neighbour is widowed and her daughter had moved to Aussie decades ago. She goes out to see them every Xmas for three months plus it avoids the worst of the U.K. weather. She went out for LAST Xmas and hasn’t been able to get back to the U.K.
My aunt n uncle have been feeding her fish and doing W/Cs and watering her house plants for nearly a year now.

It saddens me every time I walk into town and I see visitors be defiant and inconsiderate. They refuse to wear masks even though it is required, and give you a nasty look when you increase your distance as a precaution. Is it really that hard to care for others?

I remember hearing that eggs weren't used in the vaccine but maybe this was just pertaining to the Oxford/AztraZeneca version.

The trials reported one possible allergic reaction per thousand people immunised that may have been related to the jab.

Thousands of people had the jab yesterday and 2 people had a reaction. Both people carry adrenaline pens because of a history of severe allergy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back