Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I thought the antibody thing was proven wrong? As in - once you get Covid-19, you can get it again...

Some people albeit a few have had it twice. I would imagine if they had it once they would be very cautious to not get it again, however if they believed they would never get it again, well, they might have had poorer hygiene habits and thus got it again a few months later. I was under the impression you still catch a disease after a vacine but having antibodies merely gives you a head start?

The thing I find strange about the news article is that it is only just released as being a new find that is 95% efective and the government is apparantly in 'advanced negotiation'. Excuse me, since when were govenements FAST at doing anything and yet they are magically fast on short notice? Did they know about the reliability of this long before the data was released to the public?

Some people albeit a few have had it twice. I would imagine if they had it once they would be very cautious to not get it again, however if they believed they would never get it again, well, they might have had poorer hygiene habits and thus got it again a few months later. I was under the impression you still catch a disease after a vacine but having antibodies merely gives you a head start?
An adult friend of mine has has it twice and it took him about 6 months each to get his taste/smell back. I would definitely not want to get that twice or even once.

Now if they made the discovery that the antibody thing truly did work, I think I would purposely get it just so I could never get it again.

But I remember seeing somewhere, that the antibody thing was proved wrong...

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-

I just want them to get the cure for this thing, so everything can get back to normal. The kids in this generation wonā€™t even know to shake hands with a new person they meet. Itā€™s ssd

Regarding my above post concerning EU buying PPE and the U.K. ā€œmaking its own arrangementsā€.
The exact same thing has happened regarding todayā€™s Moderna 95% C19 effective vaccine announcement. The U.K. govt opted out of the EUs vaccine purchasing scheme back in July.
Even ITVs chief political reporter and Conservative party member Robert Peston is today pointing out on Twitter his own parties leaders lies when they recently said ā€œmoderna wonā€™t sell to anyone outside the USā€œ when moderna already have an agreement to sell to the EU........which his own governing party opted out from back in Jul...... Oh why bother.
When whatā€™s left of this country IE England eventually knocks on the EUs door begging to be readmitted Iā€™d have it jumping through more hoops than currently humanly imaginable by the EU. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if Ireland, Scotland and Wales used their almost guaranteed solo EU status to tell England where to go.

Damn, you had beat me to it. I just posted a link to that.
Youā€™re unlucky. Normally you wouldā€™ve been first with the good news as I I try to keep off C19 discussion threads on the forums I use as thereā€™s an unbelievable number of idiots around. I get too wound up. Being blasĆ© about the U.K. at the moment is an indication of not knowing whats happening.

The U.K. govt refused as being elected on basically a single ticket they couldnā€™t. That ticket being anti EU (brexit) meaning they couldnā€™t be seen to accept EU help in keeping their citizens safe. ā€œWeā€™ll make our own arrangementsā€ iirc was the official reply.
That meant hospital staff wearing bin liners and clothing industry production lines turned over to mask production.

Why pro EU, I think most people my age (38) want to remain, the people who wanted to leave are older. I suspect we will go back at some point of make a EU 2.0

I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if Ireland, Scotland and Wales used their almost guaranteed solo EU status to tell England where to go.

I didn't think they had big enough economies for the entry.

An adult friend of mine has has it twice and it took him about 6 months each to get his taste/smell back. I would definitely not want to get that twice or even once.

Now if they made the discovery that the antibody thing truly did work, I think I would purposely get it just so I could never get it again.

But I remember seeing somewhere, that the antibody thing was proved wrong...

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-

I just want them to get the cure for this thing, so everything can get back to normal. The kids in this generation wonā€™t even know to shake hands with a new person they meet. Itā€™s ssd
Iā€™ve had two ops for nasal polyps so Iā€™ve virtually no sense of smell and an impaired sense of taste. The smell thing comes in handy when working in the construction industry with a bunch of beer drinkers. It does mean I need to be careful outside of work though....

Why pro EU, I think most people my age (38) want to remain, the people who wanted to leave are older. I suspect we will go back at some point of make a EU 2.0

We intended to retire to france. Without EU status all U.K. citizens will be limited to 180 days per year max in all schengen zone EU countries combined.
The sooner weā€™re back in the better.

Ooooh I think the EU will welcome them with open arms, open cheque books and big smiles in an attempt to turn them into mini paradises in comparison with Englandā€™s soon to be scrapyard society.

By the time it happens. Thereā€™ll be so many older leave voters dead and so many new 18+ voters that the 4% will be reversed. C19 may well have its say in the process that way as well.
BTW Iā€™m asthmatic and nearing retirement so Iā€™m firmly in that particular frontline. Been off work since March. 254 days no earnings. Treading waters more expensive than I ever anticipated.

If boris gets a test done then presumably he would not need to self isolate that long? Or does it take time to get anti bodies that show you have it?

To test positive, I think you need to develop a large enough viral load in your body. This could take a fews days after exposure I think.

My son's classmate came to school today then found he had tested positive. So instead of that kid self isolating for a couple of days between test and result, now 20 kids have to isolate for 2 weeks :mad:. My son's health has been put at risk and his education is disrupted again.
Why don't people self isolate when they're supposed to?!?
I don't understand, are people really this selfish/ stupid? What am I missing?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back