Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My son's classmate came to school today then found he had tested positive. So instead of that kid self isolating for a couple of days between test and result, now 20 kids have to isolate for 2 weeks :mad:. My son's health has been put at risk and his education is disrupted again.
Why don't people self isolate when they're supposed to?!?
I don't understand, are people really this selfish/ stupid? What am I missing?

Not sure if you gave the whole story however if he only found when he got to school how could he self isolate before others were in contact with him?

Would love to know why businesses offering a limousine service considered it an essential service..

My son's classmate came to school today then found he had tested positive. So instead of that kid self isolating for a couple of days between test and result, now 20 kids have to isolate for 2 weeks :mad:. My son's health has been put at risk and his education is disrupted again.
Your health has been put at risk too, as has everyone in your household. :(

You aren't missing anything. People are greedy, selfish and stupid. That's why the virus is spreading as quickly as it is. If you add "our rights to do whatever we want" as claimed by the Americans, you add to the problem.

95% of the human race hasn't got enough common sense to fill an eye dropper, let alone deal with a pandemic.

Not sure if you gave the whole story however if he only found when he got to school how could he self isolate before others were in contact with him?

Would love to know why businesses offering a limousine service considered it an essential service..

It looks like a lot of businesses that weren’t essential first time around are essential second time around.
Fist time around pets at home were shut, then open but not selling fish, then open and selling fish.
Second time around they’re open and selling fish from the off.

QED. :eek: If you've had a test you don't leave home until you've got a negative or self isolated for 10 days!

Yes, they are. My daughter’s neighbor didn’t tell anyone she was sick with Covid because she wanted her kids to still be able to trick or treat.

Love the pun here:

Screenshot from 2020-11-23 19-26-53.png

The Oxford vaccine shown to be 70-90% succesful depending on dosage. It’s kept at household refrigerator temp as opposed to some which are kept at surface of a Star Trek planet levels of coldness. It’s expected to be the one the poorer nations opt for because of this. That’ll include us I believe now.
My cousins been working on it. If we both get through this madness I’ll buy him a few beers from everyone on here.

I may even ask him if someone took all of these (4 or 5 iirc) vaccines that show 90-95% success rate would they be 100% immune? It’s the sort of nonsense he’d expect from me tbh.

@essjay cmon you must know. You were in the test tube lark.

Ah but I was making things from chemicals out of bottles. Taking substances A and B and trying to turn them into C. Most of which were not very nice to human health.
And when I worked in the hospital lab it was a case of analysing stuff that came out of humans to find out why their bodies were not working as they should.

I wouldn't have a clue how to make vaccines - I left that to immunologists.

The Oxford vaccine shown to be 70-90% succesful depending on dosage. It’s kept at household refrigerator temp as opposed to some which are kept at surface of a Star Trek planet levels of coldness. It’s expected to be the one the poorer nations opt for because of this. That’ll include us I believe now.
My cousins been working on it. If we both get through this madness I’ll buy him a few beers from everyone on here.

I may even ask him if someone took all of these (4 or 5 iirc) vaccines that show 90-95% success rate would they be 100% immune? It’s the sort of nonsense he’d expect from me tbh.

@essjay cmon you must know. You were in the test tube lark.

All we need next is the cigarette smoking man...

Latest news from Australia.
South Australia has some active cases from an outbreak about 2 weeks ago.

Victoria has 0 active cases and have had no new cases for 3 weeks even tho 3 months ago they were getting thousands of new cases each day. They did a lockdown and got it under control.

Most other states have a few active cases in quarantine facilities and these are mostly from people coming into Australia from overseas.

Most reactions

Back