Cories For A 15 Gallon

lilfishie

Its a kinda MAGIC!! ^_^
Reaction score
in the summer i am changing my substrate to sand, so was wondering what Cories and how many i could fit in a 15 gallon with 6/7 female bettas?

6/7 bettas is fairly full for a 15 gallon, also they may show aggresion to corys. Maybe you could add a trio of bronze corys or another hardy species of your choice. Planted tanks are favourable for corys.

My betta gets on with the corys, the corys dont bother him at all, sometimes the betta may chase them but only for a second or so when hes bored lol!

yes i am hoping to plant it to, but i might just stick with the 4 female bettas i have and get a few cories to go with them :good:

Ive seen tempermental males chase corys, but never hurt them. That only 2 of my bettas did that out of many. They were mean little suckers to begin with.

Females seem to get along with them very well.

I have 5 female Bettas(with plenty of places for each to call their own) and 3 albino corys in a 15 gallon and they all get along great. Closing in a year now theyre all been together.

I feed my Corys Wardley Shrimp Pellet Formula and they DEVOUR them. Trouble is the Bettas love them too. Ive never seen a Betta hurt of Cory to get to the food. They all eat peacefully. But my Bettas were getting pretty fat for awhile there because theyd eat their food and them join the corys on the pellets.

So I usually drop in the Corys a pellet and keep the Bettas preoccupied, feeding them slowly and hovering near the top for while so the Corys can eat in peace.

Also I always keep my Corys in groups of 3s or more. Theyre much happier with a few of them in there.

have you thought of getting corydoras pygmaeus or habrosus? They are "mini" cories and you could probably keep about 8 in your tank.

yer have thought about the mini's but none of the LFS has them, maybe its time to try a new one :shifty:

:D there's always time to have a look in fs! I would recommend them definitely. Especially since you're able to keep so many in a relatively small space compared to normal cories.

and i prefer to keep smaller fish, looks like i gotta change my LFS or get them to order a few in for me :shifty:

Most reactions

Back