Cories And Bn Pleco

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
I'm off to the fish store in an hour or so to get stuff for my new tank im setting up today and i was thinking of getting a couple types of fish for my other tank.

I'd really love some cories again as they bring so much life to a tank, but now this tank has a BN Pleco living in it.

I was wondering if they usually get along or if its a nono for these 2 to live together because they both spend their time on the bottom, there might also be compition for food etc...

Just want to make sure before i add any so no one gets harmed and has to move back to the fish store.

Thanks
 
they will be both fine 2gther had them in the past and they dont even bother each other infact they used 2 eat from the same piece of cucumber :)


jen
 
The cories will do fine with a plec. Neither one will work in a new tank and you need to be careful which plec you get for an established tank. The most commonly available plecs are ones that will grow to between 18 and 24 inches long and as big around as your arm.
 
The cories will do fine with a plec. Neither one will work in a new tank and you need to be careful which plec you get for an established tank. The most commonly available plecs are ones that will grow to between 18 and 24 inches long and as big around as your arm.

Dont worry, the tank the cories are going to be moving into with the pleco has been set up for over a year and my pleco ive had for over a year as well he was just recently moved in there from my 65 Gallon that I sold last week.

As for my new tank im setting up today im going to be cloning it from my other tank with some media so that should be alright for fish right away, im not adding any fish in there today just getting all the bits and peises set up so later in the week i can add fish. I just need to get some tahitian moon sand and filter media and im all set for that tank.

Its always exciting to set up a new tank.

Thanks for all the advice on keeping these 2 species together. I always like to do research first before I add anything im not sure will work so I dont create major problems. :good:
 
Hi kaisa :)

They will be fine together.

CorysBNplecos.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top