Coral Id

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dan Robbins

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys, Anybody give me an ID on this #29###? My girlfriend got it for me as a gift and i'm not entirely sure what it is.
Its in a nano with a few mushrooms and polyps, nothing fancy and it seems to be doing rather well.
Dan.

ah yes, i imagine that would have helped.
Link:
file:///media/3736-6338/DCIM/101MSDCF/DSC02614.JPG
file:///media/3736-6338/DCIM/101MSDCF/DSC02617.JPG
thanks. Dan

When placing these links in the browser... nothing happens, no pictures either.

Really? works for me. Oh well, how about...
DSC02617.jpg

Its hard to tell. At first I wanted to say mushroom too but it still doesn't seem to be a mushroom. I was thinking some sort of encrusting coral, possibly montipora velvet? I dont want you to toss out the idea of mushies though. The way the edges curl is how a mushie would be.

Its hard to tell. At first I wanted to say mushroom too but it still doesn't seem to be a mushroom. I was thinking some sort of encrusting coral, possibly montipora velvet? I dont want you to toss out the idea of mushies though. The way the edges curl is how a mushie would be.

Well, you can tell that it isn't an SPS because of the fact that there a)aren't little polyps everywhere and b)have big mouths here and there, suggesting that there are just a few big polyps that are fused together.

I still stand by mushrooms. sometimes, usually in rics, they don't fully split but just form one massive mega polyp type thing.

Fair enough. :p I'm still learning the different parts of IDing corals and you learn something new every day. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back