Coral Blue Dwarf Gourami,Neon Dwarf Gourami,Sunset

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppy_molly_lover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As i asked b4 are all the Gouramis the same? like i know they have diff colors cuz i have a neon and some sort of red that is terning neon in some spots! well how do i tell the sex? how do they mate?

ok: i had on the neon one first for 1 week and just today *11/10/03* i got my red one, and we added him 20 mins after the bag floated with him and all the other new fish, ok the neon one started to chase the new red Gourami and they seem fine now but every time the red Gourami doesnt pay atention the my neon one the neon one swims up to the red one then acks dead, like he is floating on his side! now i see he is floating and now he is swishing his body back and forth at the red Gourami! what is he/she doing? can you help me sex my 2 Gourami? please help!!!!

Check my reply in the Betta forum. :) Please don't post almost the same thing in multiple places, thanks! :thumbs:

For some gaurami the difference in sex can be found by difference in color. In this case the male is more colorfull and the female is a silvery duller color. During mating the male will build a bubble nest, then the female will lay eggs and the male will carry them up to the nest.

All the different strains of dwarf gourami (neon, blue, sunset) are the same species but have been so imbred that they have strange unnatural colors. The sexing for these is usually still the same as with regular wild variety dwarf gouramis. The bright colored fish are males and more dull, mostly silvery ones are females. Most stores don't even have female dwarf gourami because the bright colored males sell so much better. Keeping multiple males is bad because of the territorial nature of gouramis. And keeping the inbred strains of dwarf gourami is bad because they tend to get diseases and ulcers more often than the wild variety.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back