Constipation??

Buglet

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My comet goldfish was looking pretty lethargic this morning, hanging out behind his plant and not coming out (he usually zips all over the tank, especially in the morning). I noticed that he had a really huge poo coming out and it looked as though he was really straining to get it out. After he got it out, another one started coming out. They were both dark brown and much larger than normal.

When I returned home this afternoon, he is still lethargic and looking sad, not swimming with any kind of vigor at all. No more poo is coming out.

I immediately checked water parameters...Ammonia 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 5.

I have changed his diet recently. Got a sample of the Hikari pelleted goldfish diet and Hikari flake diet and have been trying him on both the past few days. He seemed to like them both.

My plan right now is to fast him for a couple of days and then feed him a pea or two.

Any other thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks!

Are there any other fish in the tank?? did he get injured somehow?? I think you should becareful what you feedh im

As you can see in my sig, he is the only fish in the tank. He appears in no way to b
be injured.

What do you mean by I should be careful what I feed him?

*shrug* I clicked on the profile...maybe I'm dense, but that really did not in any way help me to understand his post :(

Agree with LoveMyOscar. A varied diet is what's needed.

The size of the goldfish may determine what types of foods you can give it. I know someone, who feeds his goldfish, koi carp, fantails, and loaches with fishing maggots. All this nutrient rich food have made them grow to a huge size!

Good luck! :)

Most reactions

Back