Computer Desk

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
Hi, I just wondered if a standard computer desk would hold they weight of a 60Litre aquarium, As Im buying a largish computer desk and want to know how big a fish tank It would hold...
 
A 60litre aquarium would be way heavier than your average pc+monitor printer etc. a litre of water weighs 1 kg so a 60 litre tank would weight 60 kilos plus the tank and any decor rocks gravel etc. Could be as much as 70kg+. If not sure I would fill the tank slowly while it's sat on the desk and just watch very carefully for any bowing or weakening of the joints.
 
Is the desk sturdy (If it has 4 spindly legs then no-way)You could simulate the weight of the tank (that way you will just lose your desk, not your tank) I wouldn't even really want to try.
 
Have I miscalculated something here. We're talking about 130 lbs max...correct? If that's the case any decent piece of furniture should hold that.

Ill go smaller if I have to...Just want a nice little breeding table on my computer desk
 
Yeah 130 lb is correct, which is also the same weight as me! So if I'm ok standing on your desk................
 
Helen G when you gonna go to essex to stand on his desk eh? on yer way go via mine and stand on my desk too ;)
 
get a couple of friends to sit on it as well. I am sure it would be ok but it is hard to tell without seeing it. Photo?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top