Complete This Sentence...

Before I got a common pleco, I wish somebody would have told me how big they get.

As a novice, setting up my son's 10 gallon tank - I actually listened to the worker at one of the LFS when he told me to get one of them. Now, I adore him, but know he will eventually grow out of my 55 gallon. *sigh*

OMG, that is my exact story too, except I was setting my my tank instead of my son's!
 
Before I got 6 Cardinal Tetras I wish someone had told me that my tank was not cycled and they would die of fin rot and whitespot. I further wish I would have been told that the medication for treating the whitespot would turn everything in my aquarium (including all of the silicone) a bright blue color... AND that the fish would die anyway...

I almost gave up less than a month into fish keeping...
 
before I opened this thread I wish I had more sense than that :P
 
Before I got a common pleco, I wish somebody would have told me how big they get.

As a novice, setting up my son's 10 gallon tank - I actually listened to the worker at one of the LFS when he told me to get one of them. Now, I adore him, but know he will eventually grow out of my 55 gallon. *sigh*

OMG, that is my exact story too, except I was setting my my tank instead of my son's!

Well, I have since found out he is a gold spotted pleco, but he will still get about 12". Hopefully, by the time he starts getting really big - I will convince my husband to get a bigger tank.

What did you do?
 
Before I got a fish tank, I wish someone had told me how addictive this hobby is! I spend way to much time thinking about, reading about, looking at and talking about...FISH!
+1i get in trouble for this very often especially with the gf.

This is common phrase heard in my house. "Stop looking at the fish tanks when i'm talking to you!! Are you even listening?!?! AHHHHH!!!!"
 
Before I got a fish tank, I wish someone had told me how addictive this hobby is! I spend way to much time thinking about, reading about, looking at and talking about...FISH!
+1i get in trouble for this very often especially with the gf.

This is common phrase heard in my house. "Stop looking at the fish tanks when i'm talking to you!! Are you even listening?!?! AHHHHH!!!!"

I've heard that before - many, many times! lol. It's hard to understand how dangerous the fish bug is until you have actually caught it!
 
Before I got a common pleco, I wish somebody would have told me how big they get.

As a novice, setting up my son's 10 gallon tank - I actually listened to the worker at one of the LFS when he told me to get one of them. Now, I adore him, but know he will eventually grow out of my 55 gallon. *sigh*

OMG, that is my exact story too, except I was setting my my tank instead of my son's!
Mine too, except mine would actually read: "Before I got a Pleco I wish someone would have told me that it would grow into the biggest, ugliest fish I ever saw in my life that I would grow to loath and despise and feel tempted to buy a revolver and terminate with extreme predudice except a foolish friend agreed to take him off my hands and save me from becoming a murderer." Whew! Sorry. But when I began writting my feelings about plecos took over.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top