Complete Beginner in a Fishy World

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Day 25 Update

The Peacock Gudgeons arrived today. 3 males and 5 females. They are currently settling in to the quarantine tank.

What sort of signs should I be looking out for while they’re quarantining? They all look well to untrained eye, but I haven’t and won’t feed them until tomorrow.

829E8619-7F77-49A3-8C0D-79BB450757D7.jpeg

593DE703-87B3-4DD4-9562-8474990F6980.jpeg

2295F39B-1E5E-4E47-B9F1-44D1C0FBD25D.jpeg

Day 25 Update

The Peacock Gudgeons arrived today. 3 males and 5 females. They are currently settling in to the quarantine tank.

What sort of signs should I be looking out for while they’re quarantining? They all look well to untrained eye, but I haven’t and won’t feed them until tomorrow.

View attachment 134591
View attachment 134592
View attachment 134593
Congrats on the newbies.
Dim the lights, or turn them off completely if there's ambient room light, keep activity around the tank to a minimum, let them settle in for a day or two

Congrats on the newbies.
Dim the lights, or turn them off completely if there's ambient room light, keep activity around the tank to a minimum, let them settle in for a day or two
Thanks! I turned the lights on to take a few photos and then it went straight back off.

They are very pale compared to photos I’ve seen online. They are small as well, around 2cm. Looking forward to seeing them colour up and grow

They are very pale compared to photos I’ve seen online. They are small as well, around 2cm. Looking forward to seeing them colour up and grow
I like to quarantine for 4 weeks and feed them up (with corresponding water changes) to be bigger and stronger when they get into the community! You're looking for common parasites/ diseases like ich and worms.

I like to quarantine for 4 weeks and feed them up (with corresponding water changes) to be bigger and stronger when they get into the community! You're looking for common parasites/ diseases like ich and worms.
I’ve got a good understanding of what to look for with ich. What should I look out for regarding worms?

Bloated stomach, white stringy poop or red anus area. Actually, I routinely use a de-wormer for all new fish during quarantine to try and avoid them ever getting in my tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back