community tank

infant340

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
well for my 5.5 gallon tank i was thinking i could keep 1 chinese algae eater, 1 rainbow shark, 1 hi-fin bull shark, 4 female bettas. do u have any suggestions?
and wat should i keep in my 10 gallon tank?

infant340 said:
well for my 5.5 gallon tank i was thinking i could keep 1 chinese algae eater, 1 rainbow shark, 1 hi-fin bull shark, 4 female bettas. do u have any suggestions?
and wat should i keep in my 10 gallon tank?
You are joking, I presume? :eek:

If not, please consider the potential size of these fish. A rough rule-of-thumb is 1 inch of fish per gallon, but that Chinese Algae Eater alone could potentially reach 12 inches! Female bettas are about 2.5 inches. I'm not sure what species those "sharks" are, but I've never seen a small fresh-water shark - the smallest seem to be about 5".

I suggest you go back to the drawing board with those suggestions and look at small fish like White Cloud Mountain minnows, small tetras or pygmy corys.

ive rethought my decision so now im getting the 2 sharks i metioned before. but i still need help with my 10 gallon tank. i dont know wat to put in it.

you can always put some guppies in the 10 gallon tank. (IF YOUR THERE CAN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION???? )

A Rainbow Shark in a 5.5gal?? :blink: I had what I think was an albino form of one (same size, same form, same behavior at least) in a 32gal and I think even that tank might have been a little too small! Please reconsider for the fish's sake...

Native Region: Thailand.

Temperament: Aggressive.

Feeding: Pellets and thawed adult brine shrimp.

Temperature Range: 72-80°F.

pH: 6.5-7.5

Potential Size: 6"

Sexing The male's anal fin is distinctively black-lined.

General Comments: Larger fish that doesn't like much company, certainly not with other Rainbow Sharks. Very territorial.

As stated previously, please dont do that.:p.
Unless of course you want some dead fish? :crazy: Fish Stuff

in that 5.5 gallon I suggest "4" ghost shrimp. 3 neons. The neons from someone elses post have known to kill the ghost shrimp "so they say" Or you could try!
4 ghost shrimp, 2 female guppies? I didn't suggest one female guppy and one male guppy because of the female getting tired of constantly being chased around the small tank "never knowig if she could get away" :crazy:

AllusiveLife said:
in that 5.5 gallon I suggest "4" ghost shrimp. 3 neons. The neons from someone elses post have known to kill the ghost shrimp "so they say" Or you could try!
Is that to feed the shark or instead of :lol:

so now im getting......? well i was thinking that i could get to guppies and 4 neon tetras. my old was with me for a year.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back