Colourful, Peaceful Male Cichlid Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppi32011

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon long tank which i want to transform into a cichlid tank. I was thinking of having an all male cichlid tank which has lots of colour, does anyone have any recommendations of what type of cichlid/s to put in?

Thanks.

Ellioti's are really peaceful and really colourful
I had a breeding pair and they weren't that aggressive so on their own they should be fine :)
my platinum angelfish I have now are really nice and peaceful with my barbs, plecs and corys

Basically in that size tank you could do some rams or dwarf species, like apistos, or something like that, and you could have a lot of colour. But why all male? A lot of apistos need to be in pairs or harems for example. But any cichlid can get aggressive if they are breeding. My apistos are super mellow and don't bother anyone in the tank, until they lay eggs/have fry, and then they go after anything that even comes close to them.

Depending on stocking but i would not advise elliotis, they tend to be terretorial and do get large once full grown.

Some like small aquidens species,anomalachromis thomasi,flag cichlids and ofcourse apistos.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back