Coconut Shells

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Coconut shells are a great addition to the aquarium, they look natural dont change water conditions (havent changed mine anyway). Most importantly they provide great caves and hideouts for your fish. In my small tank I have 2 halfs which the corys use a lot and in my bigger tank my elephant nose has a coconut kingdom made of 4 halfs which he guards and lives in during the day. There is another half the other side of the tank which various fish use too. Mine all have drilled holes in so smaller fish can pass through. Get some!!!! :good:

Coconut shells are a great addition to the aquarium, they look natural dont change water conditions (havent changed mine anyway). Most importantly they provide great caves and hideouts for your fish. In my small tank I have 2 halfs which the corys use a lot and in my bigger tank my elephant nose has a coconut kingdom made of 4 halfs which he guards and lives in during the day. There is another half the other side of the tank which various fish use too. Mine all have drilled holes in so smaller fish can pass through. Get some!!!! :good:

IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU COULD UPLOAD A PCITURE

Does it matter where you get the coconuts from? Like the ocean/grocery sotre/pet store? ????

i was thinking of putting a 3quarter coconut shell in my community for my cat fish. i was actualy gunna put a new post in about coconut shell, lucky i saw this!

do cat fish use these alot? i used to have a vase sort of ornament in my tank but my loach ended up being too big to fit in it! so i will put the shell in.

Does it matter where you get the coconuts from? Like the ocean/grocery sotre/pet store? ????

I would say go for ones precleaned as it can be quite messy and time consuming to do it yourself. You have to first cut them open and then clean out the flesh and all that stuff as well as the hairs, I think. Then again, the flesh of the coconut is quite tasty...

I got mine from the supermarket ! Came in a handy sterile/shockproof container, with free flesh and milk...
chop in half, remove white bit... sand off most of the hairy bit, and any rough edges, then boil in a saucepan for a hour or so - to remove some of the tanin, or your water may go brown.
Look great covered with either riccia or java too !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back