CO2

kenneth_kpe said:
before i used a transparent plastic cup secured to the side of the tank via sunction cups. :) hehe actually im gonna try it again and see if it would help the levels of my c02, il tell you if it does, if it doesn't and since we both use HOB, we better think of another way hahahaha

yea man, seems like we're in this together! :p just make sure to add any progress in this thread, easier to locate and I won't forget about it...

in my tank i have a small submersible pump that is connected to an upturned plastic container... the airstone from my Co2 bottle (coke bottle :p) enters the cup from the top and i have a piece of filter sponge over the bottom of the cup.

dunno what my co2 reading is because i don't have a testing kit :p but it seems to mix it up very well

HTH

Discomafia said:
AquaSeaFoam said:
Discomafia said:
kenneth_kpe said:
hey this is just a follow up, im using DIY c02 and injected via the intake of my hob, My c02 level is just 6 -9 ppm !! Really really bad, i just measured it today. hahaha so i think they are correct about em HOB filters. :)
yep, that's why I'm going for the bell method...

Now all I need is a suitable bell, that's non-toxic for the fishes and is also see-thru...
how about the suction part of a gravel cleaner?
suction part of gravel cleaner? My gravel cleaner doesn't have any suction parts.
Sorry, i was thinking of the reactor. This is what i was talking about though:
The easiest reactor to make is one using a gravel vac tube.

About 2/3 of the way down the tube, drill a hole to accept the airline tubing from the yeast bottle. The next step depends on whether you want to churn the water in the reactor.

If you don't, simply cap off the opening in the top of the vac tube. Silicone sealant works for this.

If you do, get a small pump, hook the output of the pump up to the top of the gravel vac tube.

:dunno: i guess it was late when i posted last time..heh.

i monitor my CO2 using pH meter, otherwise, it's difficult to always tell, especially with using yeast.

if i use a different method to diffuse the c02, how long should i wait before testing the water ? : ) does anybody know ? :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back