Co2 Unit

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlawson

Excessum ut clementia
Reaction score
Hi, I currently have the Nutrafin yeast-based CO2 unit and I really want something more reliable and without much maintenance. Probably some sort of pressurised CO2. I don't want to spend much either, so, does anyone know where I could get such a CO2 kit?

So far I've found this one on Ebay, but I'm a little unsure if it would be efficient and reliable. Would this one be suitable?

Cheers,
Mike

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Forget that kit you linked to its rubbish and the carbon block reacts with the tank water in order to create the CO2. Get a system based on a pressuired cylinder.

Something like this would do, but find a way of getting the cylinder refilled first, thats the tricky thigns with pressuried CO2.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Anlage-Komplett-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Sam

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, I thought that CO2 kit might be rubbish, I'll have a look at the other one.

Mike

I think the kit that Themuleous refers to is the one that I bought. And it comes ready-filled with CO2 so it's good-to-go out of the box. Refilling will be tricky though, and I've gone for th fire extinguisher solution.....

Irf.

I think the kit that Themuleous refers to is the one that I bought. And it comes ready-filled with CO2 so it's good-to-go out of the box. Refilling will be tricky though, and I've gone for th fire extinguisher solution.....

Irf.

Would out of date fire extinguishers work? Because I have a friend whos friend gets rid of old fire extinguishers, and could easily get a few off him.

Cheers,
Mike

They will, depending what you mean by "out of date". Many fire protection companies will only refill cylinders that fall within current regulations, so if they are really very old then you might have a problem.

Ther is a company called Mainpoint linked to somewhere on here that apparently sells re-conditioned FEs, trouble is that delivery costs a bomb, and it's reallky only worthwhile if you live near them.

In the end I've bought a brand new one by mail order, and will get it refilled locally for £13.25. I've also got a Beer Gas cylinder which I found recently, which I will try to get filled.

Irf.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back