Co2 System On A Budget

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
james how is the set up going? im ver interested as this may be a new idea for me too....

when you use a FE, Did you drain it first and and remove the fittings?

hi James, I want to buy one this weekend. Would you recommend this one?

Refilled and checked fire extinguisher, £30? (5kg and will last for months)
Regulator, mines from welduk.com £33, nut and tail adapter to get to 6mm tubing £3.50
Needle valve, Clippard MNV style, about £20 or similar
Piping
defusser

Theres no need to use a solenoid, but you do need to defusse the co2 during the night, before I got a solenoid, I used to simply run an airstone for a few hours before allowing the co2 to build up before lights on

Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I've bought the same CO2 unit along with a £22 CO2 fire extinguisher. Definitely worth it. Works perfect. Really high quality. Took 2 minutes to set up.

would highly recommend it.

Oh - Cost £80 ish total. Already had the diffuser and tubing.

2012-06-07+20.55.52.jpg

fire extinguisher: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130705224748?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

CO2 regulator with solenoid: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300704377102?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Here is s short video of my co2 set up, it is very basic but you should get the general idea.

If you like it I may post it as a stand alone thread.

Aqua tom + 1 like for the demonstration. That CO2 unit is a monster!!! The CO2 unit James and I got had the regulator inbuilt. I do prefer your non-return valve. It seems to be a high pressured clamped one as opposed to my "i hope this is enough friction" method.

-1 like for the appalling white heart lane sign :p

Aqua tom + 1 like for the demonstration. That CO2 unit is a monster!!! The CO2 unit James and I got had the regulator inbuilt. I do prefer your non-return valve. It seems to be a high pressured clamped one as opposed to my "i hope this is enough friction" method.

-1 like for the appalling white heart lane sign :p

Yea its a high pressure screw on jobbie, I had a few non return valves pop because of the high pressure involved. I will do a better video soon, im useless at filming & couldnt figure out the zoom feature.

Its a great sign,

u is obviously a gooner or an iron.

:blink:

Tom

true blue before they got rich ;) Might have to get myself one of those non return valves!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back