Clowny Behavior, Anyone Else Have This Issue

Jeff Lange

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 11, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have had 2 clown loaches for 1 1/2 years and the larger one, approx 3-4 has been acting funny the past month or so.
He goes over to 1 of the corner's of the aquarium and goes up, down , up , down , up, down. This goes on for hours when the lights are off. I don't notice it when the lights are on.
There is no aggressive behavior its almost like he is trying to get some exercise, but he would get more if he went side to side :hyper:
Anyone else have a similar situation.

My water parimiters are fine Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 nitrate- 5 ppm - PH- 7.3 These paramiters always stay constant.

The smaller clown loach approx 3" just watches :unsure:

I have a 65 gallon tank 3' x 18" x 22. 2 external Rena XP3 so I got plenty of filtration. Dam fish are spoiled even got a Teco T-10 Chiller with heater and UV included :lol:
 
would'nt worry as long as it act's normal other than this, ie eat's / poo's etc etc...?
I have some odd fish antic's in my tank, the hoplo that sleep's headstand position in a plant, the gibbicep that sleep's headstand in the corner, the pictus catfish doe's same as your clown, and one spend's all day swimming in the filter flow, to name but a few
 
hehe my clowns do this all the time, its like a race or some kind of synchronized swimming event :rolleyes:

even my cories and the rams join it......

but i believe it to be normal =]
 
Corys play a lot. :kana:

morning3.jpg


I'm going to move your thread to Tropical Discussion so everyone can join in the fun. :D
 
I find my clowns do it all the time. Real fun to watch when all 3 of them are doing it together.

It's funny when the lights are off in the tank, and they lay on their sides playing dead, someone will say to me one of your fish is dead, then they get a shock when it swims off!!!
 
They say fish aren't much of crumb cleaners. If you believe that, you haven't met my fish.
They search EVERYWHERE for a single tiny piece of flake. In the night I can hear my acrylic stones knacking around because of their "hunt".
 
yes,clown loaches are quite the characters.the first time i caught them sleeping i thought for sure they were dead,now i just grin and shake my head. :lol:
 
I think lots of fish do this up and down the glass thing. I often wonder if its the males looking to further their territory and not understanding the glass blocking their way.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top