Clownfish

demonmagus

spamming my way to the top...
Reaction score
Hi, I have some dumb questons :*) don't laugh, lol
what size tank do Amphiprion ocellaris and do they need some form of host anenome?
I will be buying the tank-bred ones of www.liveaqauria.com

Hi....you can get them into a 10 gallon, but, larger is obviously kinder. It's a common misconception that they need an anemone to survive. The fact is...the anemone is the one that will die in a nano reef in all likely hood and take your tank with it.

If you want a clownfish to host in a coral, you can try plerogyra (bubble coral), frogspawn, torch or even euphyllia ancora (hammer coral). SH

thanks, its just the most experience I've had with clownfish is watching a T.V. program :lol: so I assumed that they needed a coral, also, I am doing plenty of research and haven't even got a nano tank yet so just wondering.
Thanks

My original plan for my 10g was a pair of clownfish and nothing else. That fell through though, but I'd still love to do that someday.

I have to black and white clowns in a ten gallon tank. They do well in there. They have their favorite corner and the love to beg for food. However, as Steel said, bigger is better. Also, if your going to do two in a ten gallon, dont try to jam another fish in there with them.

Most reactions

Back