Clown Loaches And Bns

rust81

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London, UK
I have a 130L litre tank with a severe snail problem. The tank has been established for nearly a year and is a community tank with a breeding pair of bns, some juvies and some 6 week only babies. I want to introduce a couple of clown loaches to bring the snail problem under control. Will these be ok with the bns, especially the babies?
 
Should be okay with the live fish. They will eat eggs.

A better bet are other types of botine loaches (b. kubotai, zebra/b. striata, or yoyos). They have similar issues, but are 1/2 the size as adults.

I have all three of those species with 2 bns in a 75gal w/o any apparent issues.
 
I've never had one myself but I've heard Assassin Snails are supposed to be quite good at getting rid of pond/ pest snails if you can get hold of one...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top