Clown Fish & Dwarf Angelfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Do clown fish and dwarf angelfish go well together?? I'm considering either a 55 gallon or 80-90 gallon tank. How many should I buy of each so that they have enough room to enjoy the environment and not be stressed? Thanks guys for your help. :)

I think you can only have one angel in either of those two tanks. IMO go with a dwarf angel .Clowns seem to do best in pairs.

Sure you will get other advice. :D

from what i read you can keep one dwarf angel in that size tank, but i had a 125gal with a flame angle and a coral beauty in the same tank. they pretty much stayed to thier own sides of the tank. hope this helps. always better to buy the biggest tank you can.

Flame angels and clowns can be kept together if they do not resemble each other. In order to have two dwarf angelfish, you will need to have a large tank, and you will have to get two different species of angels. That way, they will be able to peacefully share the same territory. :fish:

Even then, the angels may not get along. That's a good size tank if you go for 90G. You can get more than 2 clowns and a dwarf angel! Look into some sort of tang or butterfly fish, I personally love my lawnmower blenny. You could go for a wrasse of some kind. A 90G can handle at least one good sized fish and the tank will be more pleasing IMO with something large to offset the little guys.

Take a look at my sig for what I have in my 75G. I'm adding soon a pygmy angel and maybe a yellowhead wrasse.

It depends on the type of dwarf angel. Some are more territorial and agressive than others.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back