FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I suddenly have cloudy water in my 10g betta tank. Any clue why? (See pictures below)
GOPR7460.JPG

GOPR7459.JPG

(Excuse the terrible photo quality. I took this with my GoPro. Don't get me wrong, my GoPro takes good photos. But this one had poor lighting, lol)

Attachments

• GOPR7459.JPG
    GOPR7459.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Did you recently do a water change? That can sometimes to it.

It looks like a bacterial bloom to me

Did you recently do a water change? That can sometimes to it.

It looks like a bacterial bloom to me
No, I have not recently added water or take any out. How is a bacterial bloom caused?

So a large water change will clear stuff up?

I'm not sure that is a true bacterial bloom. It looks more like a combination of green water and an organics bloom.

Do a substantial water change, and remove all the organics you can during the W/C. Clean into the substrate in open areas, clean off the glass (looks like algae on the tank glass), clean the filter.

I'm not sure that is a true bacterial bloom. It looks more like a combination of green water and an organics bloom.

Do a substantial water change, and remove all the organics you can during the W/C. Clean into the substrate in open areas, clean off the glass (looks like algae on the tank glass), clean the filter.
Ok, there is algae on the glass. (I've been putting it off for a while, lol)

I will do the things you mentioned above either tonight or tomorrow.

Milky cloudy water is a bacterial bloom.
Green cloudy water is an algal bloom.

Do water changes and gravel cleans to fix both. Reduce feeding to help with bacterial blooms.

@Colin_T, @Byron, the bacteria bloom is back. Why? I have been doing water changes more often than normal. How do I stop this!?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back