Cleethorpes Visit

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I went to Cleethorpes for the day yesterday so I got some pictures of the swans and ducks. There were 4 adult swans and 3 signets from earlier in the year. Two of the adults were wary and wouldn't come on to the land to feed but all three signets and the other two swans came and hand fed, unfortunately the signets rushed back to the water when the camera was out. There was also a Pochard and a pair of Tufted Ducks that weren't people friendly and swam away when you went near them.
Hand Feeding Ducks.
Photo0173.jpg

Photo0174.jpg

Signet and Grey Lag Geese.
Photo0181.jpg

Swans!
I sat and hand fed these ones.
Photo0176.jpg

Photo0178.jpg

Photo0177.jpg

This one was too wary and stayed in the water.
Photo0182.jpg

Hope you like these pictures, they were the best I could get.

Nice photos glad to see someone else not scared of swans lol
Nowt wrong with swans, except when they decide the best way to get food off your hand is to scrape it off by putting your whole hand in their mouth and pulling their head back... lol.
Yeah they were great, so calm and trusting. The geese were a bit scared and only about one or two would actually hand feed. The ducks that I was feeding were Apricot Call Ducks.

The boating lake is just around the corner from my house, geese get pretty aggressive when they have there young with them and there is about 30,000 of them
Photos look good to me

Steve

Thank you. Yeah I know the geese can get pretty aggressive when they have young with them but they were OK that day.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back