Cleaning Tips

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I plan on giving my tank a light cleaning when I move back home for the summer. Can anyone give me any tips? I cant take the gravel out because of my plants but the glass looks like it could use a light scrub (I have a snail but it looks like there is little bits of algae in the glass he cant get to and it interferes with my pictures so thats why I want to clean it)

you could remove that with a magnetic algae brush anytime.  No need to wait for moving the tank.

Well I mobe next week so it's not really a wait. Are those brushes sold in any LFS?

I hate those magnet things. I've never had one that really did any good. Just get a sponge or paper towel or just use your finger and wipe it off.

Those magnetic ones are good for the flat planes of the glass, but you'll find you still need to clean the corners manually. If it's only small areas I'd go with atti's suggestion and use a dedicated sponge with scrubber. Doesn't have to be anything special just never used with detergents before.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I cleaned my step brothers 10g walls with an unused filter sponge (worked great).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back