Cleaning Stones With Bleach?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Is it safe to clean aquarium rocks and stones with 10:1 water bleach solution? These are the stone Iā€™m referring to...
image.jpg

No, bleach should never be used on anything porous (wood, rock, filter media, etc) to be safe. I would use a very stiff brush on those, under water (in a bucket).

Ok. I soaked them in hot, water with aquarium salt last night and scrubbed them. I didnā€™t use the bleach because they are porous. Then I read online where some do use bleach. Iā€™m with you though. No bleach! Thanks. A new light I purchased made algae grow in them. Iā€™m hoping my new water lettuce will help cut down the light. :)

Ok. I soaked them in hot, water with aquarium salt last night and scrubbed them. I didnā€™t use the bleach because they are porous. Then I read online where some do use bleach. Iā€™m with you though. No bleach! Thanks. A new light I purchased made algae grow in them. Iā€™m hoping my new water lettuce will help cut down the light. :)

Yes, I'm sure some members may tell you to go ahead, but it is a risk and there is no point in taking risks with fish when it is not even necessary.

I have them soaking in hot salt water again. They seem to be scrubbing better under water like you said. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back