cleaner shrimp died

Salt Freak

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My cleaner shrimp died I don't know what happen I'm treating the tank with ick with a product called greenex and it says it doesn't have any copper in the medicined so I don't know what happened.

are you sure its dead and its not just shed its skin?

Also, shrimps are very very vulnerable to changing water conditions. adding any chemicals to the water may well have hurt it.

its for sure the body you could see all the organs. But this chemical is suppose to be safe for invertabras doesn't contain copper.

could be something as simple as lack of iodine in your system,

shrimps need iodine to be able to shred their skin, and grow,

if your water is lacking in iodine, they will eventually just simply die,

hi everyone, found this site whilst looking around, looks like a good source for information and chit,chat

Welcome onboard screwloose.

Iodine is used by Shrimps when shedding skin so as Screwloose has mentioned, if the tank is lacking in iodine then this might well have been a cause of the problem.

However, in this instance im still inclined to beleive it had something to do with the dosing of the tank that changed water permaters. This may well have caused the shrimp to try and shed its skin as they wll do this after a changing of water conditions. So maybe there is an indirect link here with iodine afterall

Calcium helps them develope a new strong shell but iodine actually helps the old skin seperate from the new soft skin when shedding. If there is a lack of iodine then the to shalles can stick whilst moulting and this will cause the shrimp to die during the moult

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back