Clean Sand

Jazzzz

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
turo, devon
How difficult is it to keep clean as the gravel seems to hide all the poo

also what about between cleaning everyones sand appears spotles

I am realy tempted to try sand instead of the gravel i have at present.

Are there any hidden problems with sand
 
i did sand over gravel in my krib tank, it mixes and eventually the sand got down to the bottom, sand is harder work IMO but looks great,so if you can cope with keeping it vac`d then go for it :)
 
maybe i might try it in with the 3 mountain minnows to see about cleaning as they seem to make little mess
 
I don't see why people say sand is harder to keep clean than gravel :dunno:

Admittedly I don't have plecs or the like but my sand is bloomin near perfect the whole time. Ok, so I get a little debris from the plants which looks natural and gets sucked up at vaccing time but after my 8 corys do their stuff during the night the sand looks brand new in the morning! Plus I have the knowledge that there is no rotting going on below the surface like there is with gravel.

Converting to sand was the 2nd best change I have ever done (giving up smoking was the 1st)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top