Cichlids that could go in a fluval fex 123l (32.5 US gallons)?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nathanm

Reaction score
Looking for personable, colourful and plant and fish friendly (if they even exist) cichlids

Attachments

• 1643549736937.png
    1643549736937.png
    734 bytes · Views: 27
  • 1643549746088.png
    1643549746088.png
    734 bytes · Views: 22
You can consider the either South American or African Dwarf Cichlids but it will depend on your water GH, pH.
You can check your tap water chemistry from your tap water company website. Look for the water analysis report.

If you have soft water (low GH) and low pH, you can consider the South American Cichlids like Apistogramma, Blue Rams, etc.
Check the links below. You can also search youtube for their videos.

But if you have hard water (high GH) and high pH, you can consider the African shell dweller.

Last edited:
In the UK, hardness is usually given separately from the water quality report. But as you give your location as London I would expect your water to be hard. Your water company's website should confirm this. If you can't find your hardness, tell us the name of the water company and we'll see if we can find the page.

In the UK, hardness is usually given separately from the water quality report. But as you give your location as London I would expect your water to be hard. Your water company's website should confirm this. If you can't find your hardness, tell us the name of the water company and we'll see if we can find the page.
I should probably have mentioned that since my water is 20ppm I'm mixing ro water with tap water so can do any parameters

Ah, that's perfect for dwarf south American cichlids :) Most of them can be kept with mid water fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back