Christmas Day

xmas morning - get back from the pub in the early hours after enjoying xmas eve, sleep for about 6 hours, get up. have some fried breakfast, open presents. about 11 some of my cousins, aunts, uncles etc come round for some home cooked suasage rolls, beer, and a general chinwag. couple of hours later they leave, got my nan and grandad and another auntie round for dinner this year. have dinner, veg out for a bit, probably go round a mates xmas night give him and his missus a present, then drink his whiskey till the early hours. boxing day will be roughly the same without the presents, and with different guests for dinner.

Well, with 4 kids aged between 4 & 13, I'm predicting Christmas Day will start at around 2:30am, closely followed by loud shouts of "Go back to bed NOW", and then mutterings of expletives from underneath my duvet.

Christmas Day proper will entail allowing the aforementioned offspring to open their sacks, then croissants and pains-au-chocolat for breakfast, before heading down the A27 to my in-laws. Then more presents. And then eating. Followed by more eating. And I might manage to find some time in between to eat.

Boxing day will be much the same thing at my parents house, although I might be able to eat something as well.

And then starve for the next fortnight.

Most reactions

Back