Christmas Corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HeatherSweetness

Happy to be back!!
Reaction score
I just got 8 christmas corys in the mail that I bought. Never even heard of them before,they looked nice and healthy and just as I had feared they appear to be chemically colored on their tails. They all have bright flourescent pink tails. They're albinos that were dipped in pink. They look healthy and clean and are all active and eating like pigs but I feel bad because I bought fake colored fish again. :X (I have painted white skirt tetras,too.)

xmas_cory.jpg

This pic is so bad but you get the idea

Hi HeatherSweetness :)

Ahhhh the poor little corys :-( But at least they have found themselves a good home. I'm sure you will take great care of them.

Unfortunately, people do this to fish. It's a sad thing. I've seen corys that have been injected with blue dye, too.

Here's a link that shows that they do, indeed, do this to corys:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...rydora/51_f.php

Nevertheless, they will still make you happy with their playful cory antics and 8 of them is a nice sized school. :nod:

Hi clothahump :)

Thanks for the link to that excellent article on dyed corys. I've added it to my favorites and will pass it along whenever the opportunity arises. :nod:

These cories have been dipped in a solution that removes their slimey coat and then dipped again in a dye.
I'm not really for fish coloring.
Heres a link to a site with more information about dyeing fish

www.deathbydyeing.org

:-( They definatley look painted to me. Poor little guys. I wonder if they were done just for christmas?

Why can't people see natural is best? Nothing against people who have them as long as it's by accident.

They're doing great,one has two damaged eyes and 2 more have a damaged eye,but they are so active and fun I watch them like all day long and they play follow the leader,let's all 8 of us eat this algae wafer together,and lets chase the baby guppies. I love them. :wub:

HeatherSweetness said:
They're doing great,one has two damaged eyes and 2 more have a damaged eye,but they are so active and fun I watch them like all day long and they play follow the leader,let's all 8 of us eat this algae wafer together,and lets chase the baby guppies. I love them. :wub:
I am glad to see that they have a loving home with you.

:)

Thats sooo messed up! I've never heard of this until now. I didn't know people did that. Its awful! I have two albino corys and they are beautiful! I cant imagine someone trying to do that to them!

HeatherSweetness said:
Hi HeatherSweetness :)

I'm glad that your little corys are doing well. :thumbs:

It's a shame their eyes have damage, but I guess that's part of the mishandling they get when they are dyed. :-( Lately I've seen a number of posts concerning corys with damaged eyes and I think it would be helpful if you would keep us up to date concerning that. :nod: I know they do not completely depend on their eyes for finding food, but what about the rest of their activities? :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back