Chinese Menu Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
So quite often i order from the local chinese but some of the stuff I dont have a clue what it consists of and i'm scared of ordering something I dont like then wasting 4 quid on a dish and going hungry!

so here's a few dishes I'd like explaining please

Satay chicken on skewers... i think satay means nutty??

Szechuan Chicken

Chicken 'Chinese style'

Egg foo yung dishes

Other people feel free to ad your own dishes for questioning.

So quite often i order from the local chinese but some of the stuff I dont have a clue what it consists of and i'm scared of ordering something I dont like then wasting 4 quid on a dish and going hungry!

Szechuan Chicken

Chicken 'Chinese style'

Egg foo yung dishes

I can tell you that you're right with the satay. It's very nutty and oily, but very! tasty (if a little sickening imo).

I've recently got into cripsy chicken with Peking sauce which our local chinese makes as a very sweet honey style sauce. Tasty!

I've had szechuan once and IIRC it was tomato-y and spicey.

But nearly every takeaway has their own style of cooking so one will never be like another!

Szechuan Chicken
this is chicken cooked in a blend of spices in the same style that is used in
the SìchuÄ￾n ShÄ›ng province of China and especially cooked using the Sichuan pepper
which is very hot

Szechuan Chicken
this is chicken cooked in a blend of spices in the same style that is used in
the SìchuÄ￾n ShÄ›ng province of China and especially cooked using the Sichuan pepper
which is very hot

Why not try uncle Bens in a jar first then if you don not like the sauce it a quid not four. I am sure most supermarkets do their version and sorry if I have used a branded name but the idea is cook your own its cheaper.

The other I like them all if you like chinese. Another is to go where they do a buffet at lunch time and ask to try these dishes. They often do a smogagasbord and will let you try things.

Share a meal with friends and add a dish each time that you don't know about win some lose some somebody ios bound to like it. Rant over I just love food.

egg foo young is like omlette, but it has gravy and mushrooms sometimes and you can get chicken or beef on top and/or in it. It's verrrrrry tastey!

Satay is strips of beef, usually, sauteed in spices and peanut oil and typically it served with a spicy peanut dip. The meat may have many spices or be pretty plain depending on how it's prepared. Sometimes it can be cooked with hints of lemongrass which some people don't like. Overall, it's a fun tidbit and Paul....check it out.

Egg foo young is a chinese egg omelette usually served in a brown sauce with chopped up scallions (green onions).

SH

Szechuan Chicken

Chicken 'Chinese style'

Egg foo yung dishes

not all satay is made of nuts, my local doesn't have nuts in theirs and it can be spicy.

szechuan i think is an area in china, most of the food there is rather on the spicy side.

i love travel food programs :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back