Cherry Shrimps In Canister Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

flix_cw

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Whenever i give my filter a clean, it always turns into a mammoth task since there are always so many cherries that need catching.

I've tried to solve the problem at source as much as possible by putting a fine mesh over my filter inlet, but babies will obviously slip through the net, literally.

There are always a good 20 or so hiding amongst the media whenever i give it all a rinse (in tank water). I end up chasing them round and round with a net and or cup in the bottom of whichever bowl/bucket/sink they happen to be in. The problem is hugely magnified by the fact that the water is so dirty with all the crud from the filter that half the time is simply spent just trying to spot them.

I know other people get this problem, has anyone come up with an effective way of catching the critters?

I was thinking of something involving pouring the water from the filter into a bucket through some mesh, leaving only the shrimp caught in it. This'll work for the free shrimp but the ones still hiding in the ceramic noodles etc are still left!

you could swap the filter to a bubble sponge, i did after having the same problem, my moss seems to grow better for some reason as well :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back