Check Out Your Lps....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
Walked into a pawnshop today and looked for anything aquarium related...... All things were stacked in one box and the guy said I must make an offer..... I offered R200 and he accepted..... Wow!!!... 3 x heaters.... 3 x submersible pumps..... 5 x air pumps..... 4 x corner box filters........ lots of tubing, clamps, plugs and even a 2 way Tv split unit..... I'm happy.... He's happy..... Check out your local Pawn shop before looking at your Local Pet shop......(total would've been around R900)
 
Walked into a pawnshop today and looked for anything aquarium related...... All things were stacked in one box and the guy said I must make an offer..... I offered R200 and he accepted..... Wow!!!... 3 x heaters.... 3 x submersible pumps..... 5 x air pumps..... 4 x corner box filters........ lots of tubing, clamps, plugs and even a 2 way Tv split unit..... I'm happy.... He's happy..... Check out your local Pawn shop before looking at your Local Pet shop......(total would've been around R900)

thats ace news, although can you take it down into GBP so we can understand how good a deal you have had.
i love it when i have a bargain, certainly you seem pretty pleased :)

good luck
 
eh thats alright .. bargain Ludwig, well done
cash converters here we come ( is that apawn shop or a 2nd hand shop? ) oh well
 
Great Find

Lol I can just imagine that as a result of this some of our younger members on the site are going to go and ask their parents if they would take them to the nearest pawn shop so they can buy a box of goodies, :lol:
 
I was gonna ask if anyone knew of any in the UK, never think of Cash Generator/Converter being a pawn shop!
 
A pawnbroker (or pawnshop) is an individual or business that offers monetary loans in exchange for an item of value that is given to the pawn broker.
 
Thats weird tho - coz I only ever see pawnbrokers full of gold/silver fings and necklaces, telly's and computers... Never anything interesting like fishy goodies.

Right - Im moving to South Africa!
 
Pawn brokers will buy anything normally although most prefer electronics and jewellery as its easy to value, also it makes good window candy to draw people into the shop. If you want to buy anything more obscure normally asking the guy behind the counter will result in him going to a back room and coming out with a box.
 
nice man!

im gonna try and find one near me =]

my scrap yard has some aswell =]
 

Most reactions

Back
Top